Decision No. 110/2009/QD-TTg dated August 26th 2009 by the Prime Minister.
Article 1. Position and functions
1. Development Strategy Institute (DSI) is a national-level scientific professional organization under the Ministry of Planning and Investment, conducting the functions of researching and proposing national socio-economic development strategies, general socio-economic development master plans for regions and territorial areas; organising public services delivery in various fields such as scientific research, training and capacity upgrading of professionals; and providing consultancy services in the fields of development strategies and master plans in accordance with relevant regulations provided by law.
2. DSI has legal personality, its own seal and account and is headquartered in Hanoi city; its operation budget is granted by the State budget.
Article 2. Responsibilities and power
DSI has following responsibilities and power:
1. Drafting projects on national socio-economic development strategies and general socio-economic development master plan for regions and territorial areas in specific period for submission to the competent State agencies for consideration and approval.
2. Conducting research in the theories and methodologies of socio-economic development strategy and master plan formulation.
3. Conducting analysis, synthesis of and forecasts for socio-economic, scientific-technological, and environmental changes and international factors affecting socio-economic development strategies and master plans.
4. Reviewing projects on socio-economic development strategy and master plan for centrally-managed provinces and cities and sectors, industries as assigned by competent agencies.
5. Organising public services delivery:
a. Implementing scientific research programmes on socio-economic development strategies and master plans and other scientific studies in accordance with relevant regulations provided by law;
b. Establishing the information system in service of research in socio-economic development strategies and master plans;
c. Providing consultancy services in the area of socio-economic development strategising and master planning;
d. Providing training and capacity upgrading for professionals in development strategising and master planning; and PhD training in accordance with relevant regulations provided by law;
e. Compiling and producing publications, scientific research works, research documents on strategies and master plans in accordance with relevant regulations provided by law.
6. Executing international cooperation in the area of development strategising and master planning as assigned by the Minister of Planning and Investment.
7. Managing the Institute’s organisational apparatus, staff, public officials, civil servants, employees and its finance and assets in accordance with relevant regulations provided by law and those on decentralisation from the Minister of Planning and Investment.
8. Implementing other tasks and powers assigned by the Minister of Planning and Investment in accordance with relevant regulations provided by law.
Article 3. Structural organization
1. General Department;
2. Department for International studies;
3. Department for Productive industries development;
4. Department for Services industries development;
5. Department for Human resources development and Social affairs;
6. Department for Regional development;
7. Department for Infrastructure development;
8. Department for Resources and International relations;
9. Administration Office;
10. Centre for Development Consultancy and Training;
11. Southern Economic Research Centre.
Article 4. Leadership
1. DSI has one President and not more than 03 Vice Presidents.
2. The President and Vice Presidents are appointed, removed and dismissed by the Minister of Planning and Investment as stipulated by law.
3. The Director provides for the functions, duties, powers and organizational structure of subordinate units; appointing, removing and dismissing the heads, deputy heads of subordinate units in accordance with legal provisions and decentralization by the Minister of Planning and Investment.
4. The President is liable to the Minister of Planning and Investment and to the law for the whole operations of the Institute. The Vice Presidents are liable for the assigned fields of work to the President and to the law.
Article 5. Validity and Implementation Responsibility
1. This Decision is valid from October 10th 2009.
The Decision No. 232/2003/QD-TTg dated November 13th 2003 by the Prime Minister providing for the functions, responsibilities, power and structural organization of the DSI is abrogated.
2. The Ministers, Heads of Ministerial-level authorities, Heads of Government authorities, Chairman of provincial and municipal People’s Committees, President of DSI are responsible for implementing this Decision./.
Prime Minister Nguyen Tan Dung
(For reference only)