Decision No. 499/QD-BKH dated April 14, 2009 by the Minister of Planning and Investment.
Article 1. The Department for Labor, Culture and Social Affairs is directly under the Ministry of Planning and Investment and assists the Minister in performing the functions of State management over planning and investment in industries and areas namely labor, information, culture, sports, health and society.
Article 2. The Department for Labor, Culture and Social Affairs has the following tasks:
1. To study and build development strategies and plans for the following areas: labor, employment, poverty reduction, social welfare, health, population and family planning, culture, sports, information, child care & protection, youth development and other social issues; To coordinate with the Ministry’s relevant units in consolidating and preparing national socio-economic development strategies, regional and territorial planning.
2. To act as the focal body in consolidating annual and five-year plans related to population & family planning, labor, employment, poverty reduction, wages, social insurance, social welfare, taking care of policy beneficiaries, child protection and care, gender equality, youth development, family development, social services and prevention and fighting of social evils; public health care; culture, arts, information, radio & television broadcasting, news, sports. To synthesizing plans for the publishing industry, film production, cultural products, pharmaceutical industry, production of medical equipment and appliances, fitness, sports.
3. To study, analyze, propose and coordinate with the Ministry’s concerned units in developing the list of priority projects to attract foreign and domestic investment and ODA; the list of programs and projects within Group A or higher and financed by the State budget within the Department’s management scope.
4. To organize, manage and participate in the evaluation of national target programs within the Department’s management scope.
5. To act as the coordinator in the study and proposal of mechanisms and policies aimed at developing industries and areas for which the Department is responsible; To coordinate with the Ministry’s relevant units in studying and proposing socio-economic development mechanisms and policies outlined in annual and five-year plans. To directly draft specific mechanisms, policies and legal documents as assigned by the Ministry. To act as the focal body in the evaluation of mechanisms, policies and drafting of legal documents related to industries and areas, for which the Department is responsible, for ministers and sectors to submit to the Prime Minister for promulgation within their competence.
6. To inspect, monitor and evaluate the implementation of annual and five-year strategies, plans and schemes and investment programs and projects (including ODA projects); to report and assess the implementation of monthly, quarterly and annual plans; To propose solutions to problems arising during the implementation of plans.
7. To work with the Ministry’s relevant units in appraising projects, evaluate procurement plans and select contractors for projects or bidding packages within the Prime Minister’s competence for the Ministry to submit to the Prime Minister for approval or authorization of investment; To work with ministries, sectors, provinces and centrally-administered cities in evaluating establishment, reorganization and restructuring plans for SOEs and non-profit units, appraising investment projects (funded by both domestic and foreign capital); To participate in the evaluation of development plans for industries and areas for which the Department is responsible. To supervise investment in projects within the Department’s management scope.
8. To take the lead and participate in the management of services within the Department’s management scope (except for casino & gambling services).
9. To study, forecast, collect and systematize economic information used in the development of development projects and plans for industries and areas for which the Department is responsible; To coordinate with the Ministry’s relevant units in processing and providing information about areas assigned to the Department.
10. To act as the focal body in the consolidation of annual and five-year plans prepared by the Ministry of Labor, Invalids and Social Affairs, the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism, the Ministry of Home Affairs, the Ministry of Health; the Voice of Vietnam, Vietnam Television, Vietnam News Agency, Vietnam Social Insurance, Social Policy Bank, the Vietnam General Confederation of Labor, the Central Committee of the Vietnam Women's Union, the Central Committee of the Ho Chi Minh Communist Youth Union and societies within the Department’s management scope.
11. To fulfill any other duties as assigned by the Minister of Planning and Investment.
Article 3. The Department for Labor, Culture and Social Affairs is served by a Director General and a number of Deputy Directors. The Department works under the specialist regime. The Department’s staffing is decided by the Minister of Planning and Investment.
Article 4. This Decision shall be effective from the date of signing. Any previous regulations contrary to this Decision shall be annulled.
Article 5. The Director General of the Department for Labor, Culture and Social Affairs, the Chief of Ministry Office, the Director General of Organization and Personnel Department and heads of relevant departments shall be responsible for the implementation of this Decision. /.
Minister Vo Hong Phuc
(For reference only)