Decision No. 1908/QD-BKH dated November 08, 2010 by the Minister of Planning and Investment.
Article 1. The Enterprise Development Agency under the Ministry of Planning and Investment assists the Minister in performing state management functions related to Small- and Medium-sized Enterprise Development; state-owned enterprise innovation and development.
The Enterprise Development Agency has its legal personality, own seal and secondary account; operating expenditures is funded by the State Budget and included in annual budget estimates of the Ministry of Planning and Investment.
Article 2. The Enterprise Development Agency has duties as follows:
1. To preside over or participate in drafting legal normative documents on the arrangement, innovation of state-owned enterprises, the development of Small- and Medium-sized Enterprises, and mechanisms, policies, solutions to the development of types of enterprises to submit to competent levels for promulgation.
2. In regards to Small- and Medium-sized Enterprise (SME) Development:
a) To consolidate, set up orientations, plans, programs on assisting SME Development; to instruct Ministries, sectors, localities in building plans and solutions to the assistance of SME Development in areas;
b) To consolidate reports on SME Development situation;
c) To research the pilot construction and instruct the implementation of SME Development promotion models and methods; offer advice to support SME Development through SME Support centers;
d) To act as a permanent secretary of the Small- and Medium-sized Enterprise Development Encouragement Council;
3. With regard to state-owned enterprise arrangement, innovation and development.
a) To co-ordinate with relevant units in setting up strategies, programs and plans of state-owned enterprise arrangement, innovation and development to submit to the Government by the Minister; to give instructions on orders, procedures of state-owned enterprise arrangement, innovation and development;
b) To participate with relevant units in appraising, contributing ideas on projects of state-owned enterprise establishment, arrangement and re-organization as assigned; to consolidate the situation of state-owned enterprise arrangement, innovation reform development.
4. To generally consolidate the investment of private sectors in the country.
5. To implement international co-operation in the fields under the functions and duties of the Agency.
6. To make instructions, training and professional improvement for officers under the field undertaken by the Agency.
7. To manage organization, workforce and property assigned according to the provisions of laws and the decentralization by the Ministry.
8. To implement other duties as assigned by the Minister of Planning and Investment.
Article 3. The organizational structure of the Enterprise Development Agency:
1. The Leaders of the Enterprise Development Agency include the Director General and some Deputy Directors General.
The Director General of the Enterprise Development Agency is responsible to the Minister for the organization and management of all activities of the Agency. The Deputy Directors General are responsible to the Director General for their assigned working fields. The Director General and the Deputy Directors General are appointed and removed by the Minister.
2. The units directly under the Enterprise Development Agency include:
a) Small- and medium-sized Enterprise Development Division;
b) State-owned Enterprise Innovation Division;
c) General Administration and Policy Division;
d) Investment and Business Administration Division;
đ) International Cooperation Division;
e) Agency Offices;
g) Enterprise Information Centre;
h) Small- and medium-sized Enterprise Support Center – Northern region;
i) Small- and medium-sized Enterprise Support Center – Central region;
k) Small- and medium-sized Enterprise Support Center – Southern region,
Article 4. The Director General of the Enterprise Development Agency details duties and workforce for each its unit within the duties and workforce assigned by the Minister of Planning and Investment; to build functions, duties, organizational structures and operating regulations of Small- and medium-sized Enterprise Support Centers and submit to the Minister of Planning and Investment for determination.
Article 5. This decision shall take effect from the signing date. The previous regulations contrary to this decision are annulled.
Article 6. The Director General of the Enterprise Development Agency, the Director General of the Department of Personnel and Organization, the Chief of the Ministry Office and the heads of related units take responsibility to implement this Decision./.
Minister Vo Hong Phuc
(For reference only)