Decision No. 466/QD-BKH dated April 10, 2009 by the Minister of Planning and Investment.
Article 1. Economy and Forecast Review is directly under and is the official organ of the Ministry of Planning and Investment in terms of theoretical & methodological issues and professional guidelines for economic management, planning and investment in accordance with the Press Law, the Publication Law, the State’s laws and under the direction of the Minister of Planning and Investment.
Economy and Forecast Review is a revenue raising public service delivery unit, which covers part of its operating expenses and is funded by the State budget to ensure the fulfillment of its duties, has its own seal and account and operates independently in accordance with statutory regulations and as decentralized by the Minister of Planning and Investment.
Article 2. Economy and Forecast Review has the following duties:
1. To propagate and disseminate the Party’s guidelines and policies and the State's laws and the planning and investment sector’s tasks in respect of socio-economic development.
2. To assist with the direction and instruction of planning and investment-related issues for sectors, localities and grassroots units.
3. To introduce theoretical studies and methodologies for national economic management and planning; management experience at home and abroad.
4. To organize forums to gather opinions from experts, scientists, managers and researchers on the building of national development strategies, programs and plans and on socio-economic management and administration.
5. To organize studies and publish economic forecasts, projects and scientific research subjects for the planning and investment sector.
6. To publish and release Economy and Forecast Review issues, supplements, newsletters, specialized documents and manuals, reference books for domestic and foreign investors, institutions, businesses, researchers, managers, economics and planning personnel from the central to local level.
7. To build and develop Economy and Forecast Review official website.
8. To manage and organize the structure of managers, cadres and contract employees working for the Review and assets, funds and expenditures in accordance with statutory regulations and as decentralized by the Minister Planning and Investment.
9. To fulfill reporting and information disclosure obligations as prescribed by the Ministry and any other duties assigned by the Minister of Planning and Investment.
Article 3. Organizational structure of Economy and Forecast Review
1. Administrative Office;
2. Editorial Division;
3. Marketing, Advertising and Distribution Division;
4. Publishing Division;
5. Southern Branch of Economy and Forecast Review (with a separate seal and bank account);
Article 4. Management of Economy and Forecast Review
1. Economy and Forecast Review has an Editor-in-chief and a number of Deputy Editors-in-chief.
2. The Editor-in-chief and Deputy Editors-in-chief shall be appointed, dismissed or removed by the Minister of Planning and Investment in accordance with statutory regulations.
3. The Editor-in-chief of Economy and Forecast Review shall specify the functions, duties, powers and organizational structure of the divisions directly under Economy and Forecast Review and develop Working Rules and Internal Expenditure Regulations in accordance with applicable statutory regulations.
4. The Editor-in-chief of Economy and Forecast Review shall be responsible to the Minister of Planning and Investment and before the law for all activities of Economy and Forecast Review. The Deputy Editors-in-chief of Economy and Forecast Review shall be responsible to the Editor-in-chief and before the law for their assigned areas.
Article 5. This Decision shall be effective from the date of signing. Any previous regulations contrary to this Decision shall be annulled.
Article 6. The Editor-in-chief of Economy and Forecast Review, the Chief of the Ministry Office, the Director General of the Organization and Personnel Department and heads of relevant departments shall be responsible for the implementation of this Decision. /.
Minister Vo Hong Phuc
(For reference only)