Decision No. 484/QD-BKH dated April 13, 2009 of the Minister of Planning and Investment.
Article 1. The Department of Legislation is directly under the Ministry of Planning and Investment and assists the Minister in monitoring and implementing state management functions in terms of legislation and within the competence of the Ministry.
Article 2. The Department of Legislation has the following duties:
1. To develop and submit its plan to draft legal documents to the Ministry’s leadership within the Ministry’s state management scope.
2. To preside over or participate in the drafting of legal documents, including Laws, Decrees of the Government, Circulars of the Ministry related to the Ministry’s management scope.
3. To coordinate with relevant agencies in providing comments on legal documents presided over by ministries or localities; to prepare comments on the Ministry’s behalf on draft legal documents when requested.
4. To act as the focal point for comments on draft laws for which the collection of public opinions and state agencies’ comments is required.
5. To monitor and evaluate the constitutionality, legality and legal basis of legal documents drafted by any departments directly under the Ministry before they are submitted to the Ministry’s leadership or the department in charge; To supervise and detect for the Ministry to propose to the competent authority where there is any inconsistency between any legal documents promulgated by ministries, sectors and localities and any provisions under the management scope of the Ministry of Planning and Investment.
6. To organize the review and systematization of legal documents; to act as the focal point for the development of annual plans for the organization, dissemination and propagation of legal documents within the Ministry’s state management scope.
7. To preside over the preparation of negotiation and conclusion contents related to international agreements on foreign investment; To assume the prime responsibility for or participate in the negotiation and conclusion of international agreements and take part in other international economic integration areas within the Ministry’s management scope. To participate in the negotiation of important economic contracts for which the Ministry of Planning and Investment is assigned to implement and evaluate as delegated by the Ministry.
8. To organize or participate in the implementation of international treaties to which Vietnam is a party and which are related to the Ministry’s management scope; To supervise and ensure the consistency between international commitments and the legal system.
9. To preside over or participate in the settlement of any problems arising during the implementation of laws on investment and other legal documents within the Ministry’s State management scope; To inspect and supervise the implementation of laws within the Ministry’s State management scope.
10. To perform any other legal activities as instructed by the Judiciary and the Ministry of Justice.
11. To fulfill any other duties as assigned by the Minister of Planning and Investment.
Article 3. The Department of Legislation is served by a Director General and a number of Deputy Directors. The Department works under the specialist regime. The Department’s staffing is decided by the Minister of Planning and Investment.
Article 4. This Decision shall be effective from the date of signing. Any previous regulations contrary to this Decision shall be annulled.
Article 5. The Director General of the Department of Legislation, the Chief of Ministry Office, the Director General of the Organization and Personnel Department and heads of relevant departments shall be responsible for the implementation of this Decision. /.
Minister Vo Hong Phuc
(For reference only)