Decision No. 488/QĐ-BKH dated April 14th 2009 by the Minister of Planning and Investment
Article 1.The Department for National Economic Issues under the Ministry of Planning and Investment assists the Minister to perform State management functions in consolidating economic – social and investment plans.
Article 2.The Department for National Economic Issues has the following duties:
1. To organize the research on constructing a framework of instruction and consolidation of 5 year plans, annual plans of economic – social development of the entire national economy.
To preside, coordinate with relevant units to set up consolidated balance sheets of the national economy: gross domestic product (GDP), gross national products (GNP); accumulation and consumption; social investment and development fund. Coordinate with related units to establish balances of the State budget; international balance of payments; import, export and other balances.
To draft documents of socio-economic development plans including 5-year socio-economic development plans, annual socio-economic development plans, Government programs to implement socio-economic development plan after being approved by the National Assembly and other documents as requested, reporting the Ministry’s leaders to submit to the Party and State agencies.
2. To coordinate with other units in the Ministry in forecasting, collecting and systematizing information, calculating general economic indicators and developing economic – social development plans to serve the consolidation of 5-year and annual plans.
3. To preside and coordinate with related units to organize research, synthesis and preparation of schemes, reports for the Ministry to submit to the Government on: investment and development plans; total amount and structure of social development investment capital and investment capital from the state budget by branches, sectors; total amount and detailed allocation of investment capital in balance, additional capital with targets; total amount and detailed allocation of capital in Government bonds, national bonds.
To preside and coordinate with related units to establish and report to the Ministry to submit to the Prime Minister on: criteria and norms for allocation of development investment expenditure of the state budget; list of important investment programs and projects by capital resources; preventive expenditures of the Central budget for investment in capital construction, addition to state reserves, state credit support or contribution to equity, joint-venture; advances for capital construction investment from the Central budget as stipulated by law.
To preside and coordinate with related units to make plans for the Central budget allocation in the field of capital construction by branches, sectors and localities.
4.To preside and coordinate with organizations within and outside the Ministry to monitor and consolidate, evaluate the implementation of monthly, quarterly, annually and 5 year plans; making recommendations on policies and measures for directing and operating the plan implementation.
5. To participate with other units in the Ministry in policy research, plan development and regulation of plan implementation.
6. To research, synthesize guidelines, mechanisms, policies and measures of economic management to ensure implementation of orientation of the socio-economic development plans.
7. To preside and coordinate with related units to identify the system of indicators, forms and methods of calculating plan indicators; the system of indicators assigned to socio-economic development plans; mechanism of national economy planning and draft legal documents on planning.
8. To act as a focal point for plan consolidation of the National Assembly Office, State President Office, Offices of the Government, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Central Committee of the Vietnam Fatherland Front, and the Central Office.
9. To perform other duties assigned by the Minister of Planning and Investment.
Article 3.The Department for National Economic Issues has a Director General and a number of Deputy Directors General. The Department works in accordance with specialist regime. The Department’s payroll is separately determined by the Minister of Planning and Investment.
The Department for National Economic Issues has the following functional divisions:
1. General Division;
2. Balancing and Forecast Division;
3. Sectorial Economic Division;
4. Social Affairs Division;
5. National Assembly Relation Division.
Article 4.The Director General of the Department for National Economic Issues specifies duties, payroll of each Department’s Division to the extent of the duties and payroll assigned by the Minister of Planning and Investment.
Article 5.This Decision is valid from signing. The previous regulations contrary to this Decision are annulled.
Article 6.The Director General of the Department for National Economic Issues, Director General of the Organization and Personnel Department, Chief of the Ministry Office and Heads of relevant units are responsible for implementing this Decision./.
Minister Vo Hong Phuc
(For reference only)