Article 1. The Department of Investment Supervision & Appraisal is directly under the Ministry of Planning and Investment (MPI) and assists the Minister in performing the functions of state management over supervision and inspection of investment activities; appraisal, examination and assessment of investment projects.
Article 2. The Department of Investment Supervision & Appraisal has the following duties:
1. To act as a coordinator in organizing overall supervision of investment activities across the country; to preside over examination and assessment of the implementation of investment plans of Ministries, branches and localities, investment projects using state capital within the Ministry’s tasks or assigned by the Government’s Prime Minister and projects the implementation of which is managed by MPI.
2. To coordinate with units inside and outside the Ministry in overall assessment of investment activities of the country; examination and assessment of investment activities of Ministries, branches, localities and investment projects according to legal regulations and as required by competent agencies.
3. To assume the prime responsibility for appraising and examining national target programs, target programs, socio-economic development schemes within MPI’s tasks to be submitted to the Government’s Prime Minister for approval; to provide advice for master plans on socio-economic development of provinces and centrally-run cities, plans on development of economic sectors within the authority of localities and Ministries, branches; to organize the inspection and appraisal of investment projects, to adjust domestic investment projects using capital from the state budget, domestic investment projects under BOT, BT, BTO contracts, overseas FDI projects, overseas investment projects according to the Government’s decentralization or assigned by the Government’s Prime Minister and other projects within the powers of the Minister of Planning and Investment; to fulfill duties of the Standing Committee of the State Evaluation Council for investment projects of which the Minister of Planning and Investment acts as the chairperson.
4. To participate in research and compilation of, and give comments on, legal documents on investment management; to assume the prime responsibility for studying and elaborating legal documents on supervision and appraisal of investments, providing guidance on investment supervision operations, supervision, examination, appraisal and assessment of investment projects; to implement schemes, research topics on related fields.
5. To take part in the compilation and provision of information on related issues in order to draw up general reports and websites of the Ministry.
6. To work with the Ministry Office in managing and using fees and charges related to supervision, appraisal, inspection and evaluation of investments according to regulations of the Government.
7. To carry out other tasks as assigned by the Minister of Planning and Investment.
Article 3. The Department of Investment Supervision & Appraisal is served by a Director General and a number of Deputy Directors. The Department works under the specialist regime. The Department’s staffing is decided by the Minister of Planning and Investment.
Article 4. This Decision shall take effect from the date of signing. Regulations previously promulgated which are contrary to this Decision shall be annulled.
Article 5. The Director General of the Department of Investment Supervision & Appraisal, the Director General of the Organization and Personnel Department, the Chief of the Ministry Office and heads of related units shall be responsible for implementing this Decision./.
Minister Vo Hong Phuc
(For reference only)