Decision No. 490/QD-BKH dated Arpil 14, 2009 by the Minister of Planning and Investment.
Article 1: The Department of Finance and Monetary Service under the Ministry of Planning and Investment assists the Minister in monitoring and managing the State plan in the finance, monetary and price fields.
Article 2. The Department of Finance and Monetary Service has the following duties:
1. To determine the duty and plan orientation of the finance, monetary and price fields associated with the duty orientation of socio-economic development in each plan period.
2. To preside over, coordinate with related units in building general balances on finance – monetary service in the plan period: financial, monetary and State budget balances, credit balance, international payment balance, sovereign foreign loan and debt payment. To construct to submit the Government the project on long-term debt strategy in the general strategy on investment capital mobilization for national economy.
3. To act as a focal point for coordinating with the Ministry of Finance in allocating the plan on budget receipt and payment, propose the additional sources to the unexpected demand for ministries, sectors and localities arising out of the plan from the State budget.
4. To consolidate the valuable indicators of the financial, monetary, credit and price economy. To preside over, coordinate with the Ministry of Finance in making capital allocation beyond the annual State budget revenues. To consolidate assistance capital, State credit capital, policy credit, joint-venture equity contribution. To act as a focal point for assisting the Minister in generally managing national targeted programs, consolidating the project on making capital allocation to national targeted programs (including development investment capital and non-business capital) and coordinating with units in making capital allocation to each specific program. To coordinate with the Department of General National Economy in allocating Central budget structures in the fields of investment and development. To coordinate with the Department of Science, Education, Natural Resources and Environment in consolidating duties and expenditures for basic investigation. To coordinate with the Department of Foreign EconomicRelations and the Ministry of Finance in preparing the plan on disbursement, loan and debt payment to ODA capital.
5. To research the proposal for guidelines, measures, mechanism and policy on finance, monetary service, securities market and price. To consolidate and monitor corporate finance situation and participate in building the mechanism and policy related to corporate finance. To research to build the mechanism and policy on developing financial, banking, insurance and securities services. To participate in building and appraising legal normative documents, mechanisms and policies in the financial, monetary and price fields so that the Ministries and sectors submit and issue upon their authority.
6. To monitor, assess the implementation of financial, monetary and price plans, notify the monthly, quarterly and annual situations, propose solutions to settle obstacles during the implementation. To preside over the inspection, supervision of compliance with the plan in using financial resources, mechanisms, policies and national financial and monetary activities.
7. To act as a focal point for consolidating the plan of the Ministry of Finance and the whole financial sector, the State bank and the whole banking sector (excluding Vietnam Bank forSocial Policies), Vietnam Development Bank, financial funds, the State Audit and the State Securities Commission.
8. To implement other duties as assigned by the Minister of Planning and Investment.
Article 3. The Department of Finance and Monetary Service has the Director General and some Directors General. The Department works according to the specialist regime. The workforce of the Department is solely determined by the Minister of Planning and Investment.
Article 4. This Decision shall take effect from the signing date. The previous regulations contrary to this Decision are annulled.
Article 5. The Director General of the Department of Finance and Monetary Service, the Director General of the Organization and Personnel Department, the Chief of the Ministry Office and the heads of related units take responsibility to implement this Decision./.
Minister Vo Hong Phuc
(For reference only)