Decision No. 492/QD-BKH dated April 14, 2009 by the Minister of Planning and Investment.
Article 1. The Department for Local and Territorial Economy is directly under the Ministry of Planning and Investment, and assists the Minister of Planning and Investment in performing the functions of state management over planning and investment for socio-economic development of localities and territories.
Article 2. The Department for Local and Territorial Economy shall have the following duties:
1. To preside over, in coordination with the Department for National Economic Issues and units under the Ministry, the consolidation and development of five-year and annual plans on socio-economic development of localities and territories.
To coordinate with the Department for National Economic Issues to provide guidance for provinces and centrally-run cities on formulation of their socio-economic development plans.
2. To monitor socio-economic development in the area of localities and territories in all aspects. To serve as the principal body in assisting the Ministry’s leaders in dealing with issues arising in the consolidation and assignment and implementation of plans of localities and territories. To assume the prime responsibility for preparing reports on implementation of socio-economic development plans of territories and plans of the Government on implementation of the Resolution of the Politburo on municipal development; to act as the focal point in Steering Committees of the Party and Government for development of territories as assigned by the Ministry’s leaders.
3. To study and propose guidelines, methods, mechanisms, policies for implementation of socio-economic development plans of localities and territories.
4. To coordinate with the Development Strategy Institute, the Department of Planning Management and related units under the Ministry in giving suggestions for, developing, appraising strategies and plans on socio-economic development of localities and territories.
5. To work with the Emulation and Reward Department, the Organization and Personnel Department in considering offering emulation, reward, professional and operational training for officers and civil servants of the local planning sector.
6. To join related units in examining, inspecting and supervising the implementation of master plans and plans on socio-economic development; to examine, monitor, assess investment effectiveness for investment programs and projects managed by localities and assigned by the Ministry.
To coordinate with related units in giving suggestions on issuance of Investment Certificates according to legal regulations. To work with the Foreign Investment Agency, the Foreign Economic Relations Department to develop strategies and plans on foreign direct investment (FDI) and official development assistance (ODA) attraction of localities and territories. To preside over, in coordination with the Foreign Economic Relations Department, the synthetization of reciprocal ODA capital allocation of localities.
7. To acting as the focal point in consolidating policies for people from ethnic minorities; plans of the Committee for Ethnic Minority Affairs.
8. To fulfill other duties as assigned by the Minister of Planning and Investment.
Article 3. The Department for Local and Territorial Economy is served by a Director General and a number of Deputy Directors and works under the specialist regime. The Department’s staffing is decided by the Minister of Planning and Investment.
The Department for Local and Territorial Economy has the following functional divisions:
1. General Affairs Division;
2. NorthernMidlands andMountains Division;
3. Red River Delta Division;
4. Central Coast Division;
5. Central Highlands Division;
6. Western South Division;
7. Mekong River Delta Division.
Article 4. The Director General of the Department for Local and Territorial Economy shall stipulate duties and staff for each unit under the Department within duties and staff assigned by the Minister of Planning and Investment.
Article 5. This Decision shall take effect from the date of signing. Regulations previously promulgated which are contrary to this Decision shall be annulled.
Article 6. The Director General of the Departmentfor Local and Territorial Economy, the Director General of the Organization and Personnel Department, the Chief of the Ministry Office and heads of related units shall be responsible for implementing this Decision./.
Minister Vo Hong Phuc
(For reference only)