Decision No. 117/2009/QD-TTg dated September 29, 2009 by the Prime Minister.
Article 1. Position and functions
1. The Central Institute for Economic Management is a national-level scientific professional organization under the Ministry of Planning and Investment, conductingthe functions of researchingand proposingmechanism andpolicies on economic management and business environment development; supplying public services in various fields such as scientific research, training and retraining for officers in economic management and carrying out advisory activities in accordance with legal regulations.
2. CIEM has legal personality,its own seal and account andis headquartered in Hanoi city;its operation budget is granted from the State Budget
Article 2.Duties and powe
CIEM has the followingduties and powers:
1. To research and recommendcompetent authorities for consideration and decision on:
a) Draft roadmaps, plans on compilation and amendment of mechanisms and policies on macroeconomic management and mechanisms andpolicies on macroeconomic management in each stage of a plan;
b) Schemes on innovation of mechanisms andpolicies on economic management and business environment development, and other issues on interdisciplinary economic management.
2. To summarizedomestic economic management practices, international experience; to make proposal on pilot application of mechanisms, policies and new modelson economic management.
3. To research theories and methodologies on economic management science and develop the science of economic management in Vietnam.
4. To research, contribute ideas on economic management mechanisms and policies compiled by other agencies and organizations.
5. To build an economic management information system and supply it to agencies, organization and individuals in accordance with legal regulations.
6. To provide public services:
a) Deployment of scientific research topics and programs on economic management and business environment development and other related scientific fields as required by laws;
b) Doctoral training and training, retraining forofficers specializing in economic management as required by laws;
c) Performance of advisory activities on economic management and business environment development.
d) Compilation and publication of scientific research publications and works, research documents on economic management, business environment development as prescribed by law.
dd) Assistance to the operation of the Vietnam State-Owned Enterprise Club, in coordination with the enterprise clubsin other economic sectors.
7.To implement international cooperation in economic management as assigned by Minister of Planning and Investment.
8. To manage and organize apparatus, cadre, public servants, officials, employees and finance, asset assigned in accordance with legal provisions and decentralization by the Minister of Planning and Investment.
9. To perform other duties and powers as assigned by the Minister of Planning and Investment and as prescribed by laws.
Article 3. Organizational Structure
1.Economic Institution Department;
2. Macro – economic Policies Department
3. Business Environment and Competitiveness Department;
4. Public Service Policies Department;
5. Enterprises’ Reform and Development Department;
6. Rural Economic Development Policy Department;
7. Investment Policy Department;
9. Center for Management Consulting and Training;
10. Center for Information and Documentation;
11. The Economic Management Review.
Article 4. Leadership
1. CIEM has one President and not more than 03 Vice Presidents.
2. The President and Vice Presidents are appointed, removed and dismissed by the Minister of Planning and Investment as stipulated by law.
3. The Director provides for the functions, duties, powers and organizational structure of subordinate units; appointing, removing and dismissing the heads, deputy heads of subordinate units in accordance with legal provisions and decentralization by the Minister of Planning and Investment.
4. The President is liable to the Minister of Planning and Investment and to the law for the whole operations of the Institute. The Vice Presidentsare liable for the assigned fields of work to the President and to the law.
Article 5. Validity and Implementation Responsibility
1. This Decision is valid from November 15, 2009.
The Decision No. 233/2003/QD-TTg dated November 13, 2003 by the Prime Minister providing for the functions, duties, powers and organizational structure of the CIEM is abrogated.
2. The Ministers, Heads of Ministerial-level authorities, Heads of Government authorities, Chairman of provincial and municipalPeople’s Committees, President of CIEM are responsible for implementing this Decision./.
Prime Minister Nguyen Tan Dung
(For reference only)