Decision No.487/QĐ-BKH dated April 14, 2009 by the Minister of Planning and Investment.
Article 1. The Department for Infrastructure and Urban Centers under the Ministry of Planning and Investment assists the Minister to conduct the State managementfunctions in the field of planning for andinvestmentin infrastructure and urban development.
Article 2. The Department for Infrastructure and Urban Centers has the following duties:
1. Toresearch and consolidate strategies, planning for infrastructure and urban development; to coordinate withrelated units under the Ministry inconsolidating and developing a general socio-economic developmentstrategy for the whole country, regional and sector planning.
2. To preside the consolidation of five-year and annual plans for infrastructure and urban development in the fields including: construction, transportation, post and telecommunication, electronicinformation technology and urban public works, water drainage and supply works, residential houses, infrastructure of new urban zones, industrial zones, processing zones, high technology zone, environmental hygiene in the fieldsin charge by the Department; to research and consolidatein construction and servicebranches such as: transportation, post and telecommunication, construction consultancy and public urban under the assignment of the Ministry.
3. To research, analyze and select domestic and foreign investment projectsin the fields undertaken by the Department.To manage the projects and programs assigned by the Ministry.
4. To preside theresearch and suggestion of mechanisms and policiesto developindustries and fields of urban and infrastructure; to coordinate with related units in the Ministry to research and suggest mechanisms and policies for socio-economic development in the annual and five-year plans. To directly draft specific mechanisms, policies and legal documents as assigned by the Ministry.To give comments on mechanisms, policies and draft legal documentsof the branches and fields in charge by the Department for the Ministries, branches tosubmit to the Prime Minister or to promulgate in accordance with their authorities.
5. To inspect, monitor the performance of planning, plans, schedules, programs and projects(including ODA projects); to make reports on assessment of plan implementation on the monthly, quarter and annual basis of the Ministries,Economic Groups, 91 Corporation and other branches and sectorsin charge by the Department. Toproposesolutions to resolve problems in the process of operation of plan implementation.
6. To participate with related units under the Ministry in evaluating the projects, procurement plans,selectingcontractors for projects, packagessubject to thedetermination authority of the Prime Minister for the Ministry to submit to the Prime Minister for approval or permission to invest; to participate in evaluating projects, schemesin the fields in charge by the Department for the ministries, branches and localities to determine in accordance with their authority including: evaluation for new establishment, arrangement, re-organization of state-own enterprises; evaluation of investment projects (including both domestic and foreign capital); participation in evaluation of infrastructure and urban development planning. To supervise investments in projects in the sectors and fields in charge by the Department.
7. To forecast, collect and systematizeeconomic information to serve the development of planning,plans for developing industries and sectorsin charge by the Department; to coordinate with related units under the Ministry to handle and provide information on urban and infrastructure field.
8. To consolidate annual and five-year plansof theMinistry of Construction, Ministry of Post and Telecommunication, Ministry of Transportation (including Vietnam Marine Administration, Vietnam Railway Administration and Vietnam Civil Aviation Administration) and some Economic Groups, Corporations specialized in construction, transportation, post and telecommunication.
9. To conductother tasks as assigned by the Minister of Planning and Investment.
Article 3. The Department for Infrastructure and Urban Centers consists of a Director General and some Deputy Directors General. This Department is operated under the professional regime. The personnel of the Department areseparately determined by the Minister of Planning and Investment.
Article 4. This Decision takes effect from the signing date. Previous provisions contrary to this Decision are revoked.
Article 5. The Director General of the Department forInfrastructure and Urban Centers, the Director General of the Department of Personnel and Organization, the Chief of Ministry’s Office and Heads of related units are responsible for implementing this Decision./.
Minister Vo Hong Phuc
(For reference only)