Decision No. 497/QD-BKH dated April 14, 2009 by the Minister of Planning and Investment
Article 1. The Department for Economic Zones Management is directly under the Ministry of Planning and Investment and assists the Minister in performing the functions of state management over economic zones (including industrial parks, export processing zones and similar forms of economic zones other than border gate economic zones, high-tech zones).
Article 2. The Department for Economic Zones Management has the following duties:
1. To participate in the preparation of development projects and master plans for economic zones throughout the country for the Ministry to submit to the Prime Minister for approval; to act as the focal point the direction, supervision and inspection over the implementation of these schemes and plans with the Prime Minister’s approval; to preside over the proposal of adjustments to economic zone development schemes and plans.
2. To act as the focal point in studying and proposing economic zone models, management mechanisms and development and international cooperation policies related to economic zones; to draft or participate in the drafting of legal documents on economic zones; to participate in the drafting of related legal documents, mechanisms and policies as assigned by the Ministry.
3. To participate in preparing a list of projects calling for local and foreign investment into economic zones in consistent with the planning; To organize the implementation of programs to promote investment into economic zones; To cooperate with other departments of the Ministry in collecting and assessing socio-economic efficiency of domestic and foreign investment.
4. To take part in the evaluation of master plans on economic zone development and plans of related areas and sectors;
To preside over the review of schemes designed to adjust or add economic zones into the overall plan on national economic zone development, schemes on economic zone establishment and expansion in accordance with statutory regulations; To assume the prime responsibility for the consultation with ministries, sectors and localities and submit to the Prime Minister for approval of economic zone projects within the competence of the Prime Minister; To provide opinions on economic zone projects in accordance with statutory regulations on investment;
5. To act as the focal point for the cooperation, direction, supervision, inspection and handling of any problems arising, assessment of establishment and operation results of enterprises and investment projects, and issuance of certificates of investment into economic zones, performance of economic zones;
To act as the coordinator for the supervision and evaluation of State management activities of economic management boards.
6. To act as the focal point for the consolidation of plans of economic zones (including border-gate economic zones, high-tech zones).
7. To preside over the development and management of information system for economic zones in the country.
8. To fulfill any other duties as assigned by the Minister of Planning and Investment.
Article 3. The Department for Economic Zones Management has a Director General and a number of Deputy Directors. The Department works under the specialist regime. The Department’s staffing is decided by the Minister of Planning and Investment.
Article 4. This Decision shall be effective from the date of signing. Any previous regulations contrary to this Decision shall be annulled.
Article 5. The Director General of the Department for Economic Zones Management, the Chief of Ministry Office, the Director General of the Organization and Personnel Department and heads of relevant departments shall be responsible for the implementation of this Decision./.
Minister Vo Hong Phuc
(For reference only)