Decision No. 493/QĐ-BKH dated April 14, 2009 by the Minister of Planning and Investment
Article 1. The National Defense - Security Department under the Ministry of Planning and Investment assists the Minister in performing state management functions in the development plan and investment combining socio-economic development with national defense and security consolidation in all fields and areas of the whole country; in securing national defense and security demands during the time of peace and war; in mechanism and policy related to national defense and security.
Article 2. The National Defense - Security Department has the duties as follows:
1. To research strategies, master plans, (specific) plans on securing national defense and security demands; to co-ordinate with relevant units within the Ministry in setting up the general strategy of socio-economic development for the whole country, regional and territorial development master plans associated with national defense and security demands.
2. To preside over the consolidation of 5 year and annual plans on securing national defense and security demands in the peace and war time, including industries and areas: national defense, security, justice, cipher, marinepolice, East sea and islands, border management and protection, crime fighting and prevention, counter-trafficking of women and children, national defenseindustry, CT229 area, search andrescue, fire fighting and prevention, nationalreserve for national defense, security and cipher, preparation for mobilization and other duties assigned by the Ministry.
3. To research, propose, balance and select investment projects, programs securing National Defense and Security within the areas undertaken by the Department; to act as a focal point for monitoring, managing programs and projects in the fields of National Defense and Security, Justice under the competence of and as assigned by the Ministry.
4. To preside over the appraisal of specific master plans, programs, projects in the fields of National Defense and Security, Justice as assigned by the Ministry; to co-ordinate with relevant units in appraising projects on development master planning of industries, territories and investment projects; take part in appraising new establishment, arrangement and reorganization of state-owned enterprises in the National Defense and Security industry.
5. To research, take part in proposing mechanisms and policies on developing and securing duties in National Defense and Security and Justice; to take part in building projects on laws, ordinances, and other legal normativedocuments related to national defense and security under the management of the Ministry.
6. To inspect, monitor and consolidate the implementation of master plans, (specific) plans, programs and projects; to make report on assessing the implementation of monthly, quarterly and annual plans in industries and areas undertaken by the Department; to propose solutions to difficulties during the plan implementation
7. To co-ordinate with relevant units in instructing, monitoring, inspecting, checking, supervising and evaluating the investment of master planning projects and investment projects related to the National Defense and Security, Justice under the authority of the Ministry.
8. To organize to research, forecast and collect information on National Defense and Security matters related to socio-economic activities to serve the construction and management of plans.
9. To act as a focal point for consolidating the plans of the ministries and sectors: National Defense, Public Security, Justice, People's Supreme Court, Government Cipher Committee (Ministry of Home Affairs), Management Committee of Ho Chi Minh mausoleum and Veterans Association ofVietnam.
10. To implement other duties as assigned by the Minister of Planning and Investment.
Article 3. The National Defense - Security Department has its Director General and some Deputy Directors General. The workforce of the Department is solely determined by the Minister of Planning and Investment.
The leaders and specialists of the National Defense - Security Department are sent by the Ministry of National Defense and the Ministry of Public Security at the request of the Minister of Planning and Investment. The titles of leaders and specialists of the National Defense - Security Department are equivalent to the titles of military officers working at the Agencies under the Ministry of National Defense, the Ministry of Public Security as defined by the Minister of National Defense and the Minister of Public Security upon the approval with the Minister of Planning and Investment.
Article 4. This decision shall take effect from the signing date. The previous regulations contrary to this decision are annulled.
Article 5. The Directors General of the National Defense - Security Department, the Organization and Personnel Department, the Chief of the Ministry Office and the heads of related units take responsibility to implement this Decision./.
Minister Vo Hong Phuc
(For reference only)