As of March 20th 2017, FDI projects were estimated to disburse US$ 3.62 billion, up 3.4% as compared to the same period last year.
Export and import
Export of FDI sector (including crude oil) in the first quarter 2017 was US$ 31.402 billion, up 13% YoY and capturing 71.81% of total export turnover. Export excluding crude oil in the first quarter was US$ 30.748 billion, up 12.7% YoY and making up 70.3% of total export turnover.
Import of FDI sector in the first quarter 2017 was US$ 27.234 billion, up 21.1% YoY and accounting for 59.68% of total import turnover. Generally in the first quarter 2017, trade surplus of FDI sector was US$ 4.168 billion including crude oil and US$ 3.514 billion excluding crude oil.
2. Granting investment certificate
As of March 20th 2017, there were 493 projects granted investment certificate with total registered capital of US$ 2.917 billion, up 6.5% YoY and 223 projects adjusted their capital with total additionally registered capital of US$ 3.94 billion, up 206.4% YoY and 1077 times of capital contribution and share purchase by foreign investors with total value of US$ 852.86 million, up 171.5% YoY.
Generally, in the first quarter 2017, total newly and additionally registered capital and capital contributed, shares purchase was US$ 7.71 billion, up 77.6% YoY.
By investment field
In the first quarter 2017, as many as 18 fields were invested by foreign investors, in which, processing and manufacturing industry attracted much attention with total registered capital of US$ 6.54 billion, capturing 84.9% of total investment registered capital in the first quarter. Real estate ranked second with total registered capital of US$ 343.69 million, making up 4.4%. Wholesale and retail ranked third with US$ 296.8 million, accounting for 3.85%.
In the first quarter, there were 71 nations and territories investing in Vietnam. Korea ranked first with total registered capital of US$ 3.74 billion, capturing 48.61% of total investment capital; Singapore ranked second with total registered capital of US$ 910.8 million, making up 11.81%; China ranked third with US$ 823.6 million, accounting for 10.68% of total investment capital.
By investment area
In the first quarter 2017, as many as 52 provinces and cities were invested, of which, Bac Ninh attracted the most FDI capital with total registered capital of US$ 2.61 billion, capturing 33.86% of total investment capital. Binh Duong ranked second with total registered capital of US$ 1.39 billion, making up 18.04%. Ho Chi Minh city ranked third with US$ 600 million, accounting for 7.78% of total investment capital.
3. Some large projects granted investment certificates in the first quarter
- SamSung Display Viet Nam adjusted its capital up by US$ 2.5 billion in Bac Ninh province;
- Taiwan Polytex Far Eastern (Viet Nam) Company in Binh Duong province with US$ 485.8 million of additionally registered capital;
- Coca-Cola Viet Nam in Hà Nội with US$ 319.8 million of additionally registered capital;
- Vietnam – Singapore Industrial Park 3 in Binh Duong was invested by Singapore worth US$ 284.75 million to do business and construction of industrial parks’ infrastructure;
- Tole Panel Manufacturing Factory project in Binh Phuoc province was invested US$ 269.54 million by Korean investor;
- China invested polyester and fiber manufacturing plant in Tay Ninh province worth US$ 220 million;
- KTV-1 tire fabric project in Binh Duong was invested by Kolon Industries Inc worth US$ 220 million./.
Attach Files: FDI_3.2017.xls
Ministry of Planning and Investment