According to the monthly statistical information of the General Statistics Office
1. Economic growth
- Agriculture: Up to April 15, the country has planted 3,073 thousand hectares of winter-spring rice, equivalent to the same period in 2016. The northern provinces up to now basically finished planting with an area of 1,144.1 thousand hectares, equaling 99.7% of same period last year. Southern provinces cultivated 1,928.9 thousand ha, equaling 100.2% of the same period in 2016. As of mid-April, localities in the country cultivated 442.8 thousand hectares of maize, equaling 100.7% over the same period last year; 71.8 thousand ha of sweet potato, equaling 95.4%; 138.1 thousand ha of peanuts, equaling 99.1%; 29.3 thousand hectares of soybeans, equaling 79.6%; 559.7 thousand ha of vegetables, equaling 103.9%. The number of buffaloes in the month was estimated to fall by 0.1% over the same period last year; Cattle increased 2.3%; Poultry up 3.1%. The countrys pig population in April fell by 0.2% over the same period in 2016.
- Forestry: In the first four months of the year, the area of concentrated forestation was estimated at 52 thousand hectares, up 5.3% over the same period last year. The number of scattered planted trees was 24.4 million, up by 1.7%; Timber production reached 2,554 thousand m3, up 0.6%; The output of firewood was 9.4 million m3, up 1.1%. In the first four months of this year, the damaged forest area was 437.4 hectares, down 69.6% against the same period last year, of which the forest area was 155.3 hectares, down 86.5% ; The area of cleared forest was 282.1 ha, decreased 3.1%.
- Fishing: In the first four months of the year, aquaculture output was estimated at 1,902.2 thousand tons, increasing by 3.1% against same period last year, of which aquaculture production was 864.5 thousand tons, up 2% ; Production of exploited aquatic products was 1,037.7 thousand tons, increasing by 4.1% (sea product output reached 990.3 thousand tons, increasing by 4.2%).
- Industrial production: In the first 4 months of 2017, the manufacturing index of the whole industry increased 5.1% over the same period last year, much lower than the increase of the same period in 2016, but higher than the increase of 4.2% of the 1stquarter this year. Inventory index of the entire processing and manufacturing industry as of April 1, 2017 increased by 12.7% compared to the same period in 2016 (same period last year increased by 8.9%). The average inventory level of the whole processing and manufacturing sector in the first three months was 71.9%.
- Business registration status: In the first four months of the year, there were 39,580 registered enterprises nationwide with a total registered capital of 369.6 trillion dong, up 14 percent in enterprises and 48.9 percent in registered capital overr the same period of 20162; The average registered capital of newly established enterprises was VND9.3 billion, up 30.6%. If including 455.7 trillion of enterprises changed the capital increase, the total registered capital added to the economy in the first 4 months of 2017 is 825.3 trillion dong. In addition, 11,545 enterprises returned to operation, up 1.9% over the same period last year, bringing the total number of newly registered enterprises and businesses returning to operation in the first four months of this year to over 51 thousand businesses.
- Investment: In the first four months of the year, investment capital from state budget was 64.4 trillion VND, equaling 22.2% of the year plan and 3.6% higher than the same period in 2016, including: The central managed budget reached 14.1 trillion VND, equaling 21% of the year plan and 3.7% higher than the same period last year; Local managed capital reached VND50.3 trillion, equal to 22.6% of the full year target and up 3.5% over the same period in 2016.
- State budget revenues and expenditures: Total state budget revenue from the beginning of the year to 15/4/2017 was estimated at 316.7 trillion VND, equaling 26.1% of the yearly estimate, of which domestic revenue was 253.8 trillion VND, equaling 25 , 6%; Revenue from crude oil was 13 trillion dong, equaling 33.9%; The budget revenue from import and export activities was 49.9 trillion VND, equaling 27.7%. Total state budget spending from the beginning of the year to April 15, 2012 was estimated at VND 336.8 trillion, equaling to 24.2% of the yearly estimate, of which regular expenditures were VND 246.7 trillion, equal to 27.5% of the year estimate; Interest payments were 31.6 trillion VND, equaling 32%; New development investment alone reached 57.8 trillion VND, equaling 16.2% of the yearly estimate; Loan repayment was 54 trillion VND, equaling 33% of the yearly estimate.
- Service: For the first 4 months of this year, the total retail sales of goods and services were estimated at VND 1,267.9 trillion, up 9.6% over the same period last year; Excluding the price factor, the price increased by 6.7% (lower than the 7.8% increase in the same period in 2016). In the first four months of this year, international visitors to Vietnam were estimated at 4,284.1 thousand, increasing by 30.3% over the same period last year.
- Export & import: In the first four months of this year, export turnover was estimated at $ 61.3 billion, up 15.4% over the same period last year, of which the domestic economic sector gained $ 17.3 billion, 13,7%; Foreign-invested sector (including crude oil) reached $ 44.0 billion, an increase of 16.1%. Import turnovers were estimated at $ 64.1 billion, up 24.9% over the same period last year, of which the domestic economic sector gained $ 25.8 billion, increasing 24.4%; The foreign invested sector reached $ 38.3 billion, up 25.3%. Trade deficit was $ 2.74 billion, equivalent to 4.5% of the total export turnover, of which the domestic economic sector gained $ 8.49 billion; The foreign invested sector (including crude oil) has a trade surplus of $ 5.75 billion.
- Carriage of passengers and cargo: In the first four months of the year, passenger transportation reached 1,302.9 million passengers, up 9% over the same period last year and 59.1 billion passengers-kilometers, up 8.5%; transport of goods reached 467.8 million tons, up 9.1% over the same period last year and 86.4 billion tons.km, up 6%.
- Consumer price index: CPI in April 2017 remained unchanged from the previous month. Average CPI in the first four months of 2017 increased by 4.80% compared to the same period of 2016, lower than the average of 4.96 in the first quarter of 2017. Consumer price index in April 2017 increased by 0.90% compared to December 2016 and increased 4.30% over the same period last year.
2. Social welfares
- Traffic accident: In the first four months of 2017, there were 6,369 traffic accidents in the whole country, including 3,213 traffic accidents of lesser severity and 3,156 traffic crashes, of which 2,795 died, 1,440 were injured and 3,679 were slightly injured.
- Damage caused by natural disaster: In the first four months of the year, natural disasters killed two and injured 13 people; Nearly 4,000 houses suffered from being collapsed, landslide, roof-blown away; 4.4 thousand hectares of rice and 2.5 thousand hectares of crops were damaged. The total value of losses in 4 months is estimated at over VND 213 billion.
- Environmental protection fire and explosion prevention: In the first four months of 2017, 6,457 cases of violations of regulations on environmental protection have been detected in the whole country, handling 5,634 cases with a total fine of over 86 billion VND. In the first four months of this year, there were 1,687 fires and explosions, of which 40 died and 87 were injured. The damage was estimated at 864 billion VND. Compared to the same period in 2016, the number of fires and explosions increased by 37.8%, the number of deaths was nearly two times, the number of injured people by 22.3% and the estimated damage by 36.1%./.
Ministry of Planning and Investment