Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content
Thursday, February 9 2023
Tiếng Việt
a A
Date 25/09/2011-15:08:00 PM
Question: I got marriage with a Vietnamese citizen and live in Viet Nam. Could I open a consulting room or pharmacy in Viet Nam? (A Singaporean)
The Government’s Decree 103/2003/NĐ-CP allows foreign individuals and organizations as well as overseas Vietnamese to engage in medical and pharmaceutical practice.
The Ministry of Health (MoH) will license the applicants if they meet the following conditions:
- Able to satisfy the demand of health care of Vietnamese and/or foreigners in Việt Nam;
- Having locations, medical equipment and other necessary conditions in conformity with the MoH’s regulations;
- The heads of foreign-invested medical examination and treatment establishments, the heads or professional managers of enterprises dealing in pharmacy, vaccines, or medical bio-products must be licensed by the MoH;
- Foreigners directly involved in examination and treatment must be fluent in Vietnamese or have interpreters. Their prescriptions must be written in Vietnamese and the language of the foreigners who directly give the medical examinations and prescriptions.
So, a Singaporean doctor will be able to open a clinic or pharmacy in Viet Nam if he meets the criteria and receives a certificate from the MoH./.

MPI Portal

    Viewed: 1907
Other news


(Choose stars to rate)
Copyright by Ministry of Planning and Investment
Address: No. 6B, Hoang Dieu, Ba Dinh, Hanoi - Tel: (84-80)43485; (84-24)38455298 (Ministry Office);
Fax: (84-24)38234453 (Ministry Office); Email: