According to monthly statistical information of the General Statistics Office, MPI
1. Agriculture, forestry and fishery
- As of mid-November, the whole country harvested 1,232.5 thousand hectares of winter rice, accounting for 69.9% of the cultivated area and equaling 99,4% of the same period in 2016, of which provinces in the North harvested 1,106.3 thousand hectares, making up 97.6%, equaling 98.5%; provinces in the South harvested 126.2 thousand hectares, making up 20%, equaling 107%. As of November 15, 2017, the country cultivated 95.3 thousand hectares of maize, equaling 79% of the same period last year; 19.2 thousand hectares of sweet potato, equaling 66.2%; 7.3 thousand hectares of soya bean, equaling 41.2%; 6.2 thousand hectares of peanut, equaling 98.4%; 132.5 thousand hectares of vegetables, equaling 86.4%.
- Generally, in eleven months, the concentrated planted forest area of the country was estimated to reach 207.5 thousand hectares, up 0.7% compared to the same period in 2016; the number of separate planted trees gained 93.1 million trees, an increase of 0.1%; wood production gained 9,758 thousand m3, a rise of 7.6%; firewood production gained 24.2 million ste, equivalent to the same period in 2016. Damaged forest area was 1,489 hectares, down 56% against the same period last year, of which the burnt forest area was 471 hectares, down 79.8%; destroyed area was 1,018 hectares, down 3.1%.
- Fishing production in eleven months was estimated to reach 6,478.3 thousand tons, moving up by 4.8% over the same period in 2016, of which the production of aquaculture gained 3,422.3 thousand tons, up 5.1%; yield of fishing caught achieved 3,056 thousand tons, up 4.5% (sea catching reached 2,874.5 thousand tons, up 4.6%).
Generally, in eleven months of 2017, the index of industrial production (IIP) for the whole industry increased by 9.3% over the similar period in 2016, higher than the growth rate of 8.7% of ten months of this year and much higher than the growth rate of 7.4% of the same period in 2016.
3. Business registration situation
Generally, in eleven months of this year, the country had 116,045 enterprises registered for new establishment with a total registered capital of 1,131.8 trillion dongs, an increase of 14.1% in the number of enterprise and 41.9% rise in the registered capital compared to the same period in 2016. Average registered capital per newly established enterprise reached 9.8 billion dongs, up 24.3%. Including 1,582.6 trillion dongs of over 32.2 thousand times of enterprises’ changing to raise the capital, the total of additionally registered capital to the economy in eleven months of 2017 was 2,714.4 trillion dongs. Besides, there were 24,349 enterprises re-operated, down 0.9% from the similar period in 2016, bringing the total of enterprises registered for new establishment and enterprises re-operated in eleven months to 140.4 thousand enterprises. Newly established enterprises’ total registered number of employees in eleven months was 1,065 thousand persons, down 8% from the same period last year.
Generally, in eleven months of 2017, realized investment capital under the State budget reached 252.8 trillion dongs, equaling 82.9% of the annual plan and up 7.7% from the same period in 2016, of which the capital under central management obtained 56.9 trillion dongs, equaling 80.5% of the annual plan and up 4% from the same period last year; the capital under local management achieved 195.9 trillion dongs, equaling 83.6% of the yearly plan and up 8.8% from the same period last year.
From the beginning of the year to November 20, 2017, FDI attracted 2,293 newly licensed projects with the total registered capital of US$ 19.8 billion, up 2.4% in the number of projects and up 52% in the registered capital against the similar period in 2016. Besides, there were 1,100 times of license-granted projects from previous years registering to adjust investment capital with the additional capital of US$ 8 billion, up 57.6% from the same period last year, bringing the total registered capital of both newly and additionally financed projects in eleven months of 2017 to US$ 27.8 billion, up 53.5% from 2016’s same period.
In eleven months of 2017, there were 4,535 times of contributing capital, buying shares of foreign investors with a total capital contribution of US$ 5.3 billion. Thus, in general, the total registered capital of new projects, additional capital and investment in the form of capital contribution and share purchase in eleven months reached US$ 33.1 billion, up 53.4% from the same period last year. Realized FDI capital in eleven months was estimated to gain US$ 16 billion, up 11.9% from the similar period in 2016.
5. Government revenues and expenditures
Total estimated government revenues from the beginning of the year to November 15, 2017 achieved an estimate of 999.1 trillion dongs, equaling 82.4% of the annual estimate, of which domestic revenues reached 790.4 trillion dongs, equaling 79.8%; collecting from crude oil achieved 39.5 trillion dongs, equaling 103.2%; from export-import balance gained 164.8 trillion dongs, equaling 91.5%. In domestic revenues, land use fees reached 92.1 trillion dongs, equaling 144.5% of the yearly estimate; personal income tax revenue was 68.6 trillion dongs, equaling 84.7%; environmental protection tax collected 35.9 trillion dongs, equaling 79.6%;152.3 trillion dongs were collected from non-State industrial, commercial and service taxes, equaling 78.3%; revenue from foreign-invested enterprises (excluding crude oil) was 139.8 trillion dongs, equaling 69.5%; revenue from State owned enterprises was 184.7 trillion dongs, equaling 64.5%.
Total government expenditures from the beginning of the year to November 15, 2017 was estimated at 1,065.7 trillion dongs, equaling 76.6% of the yearly estimate, of which regular expenditures were 773 trillion dongs, equaling 86.2%; expenditure on interest payment was 84.7 trillion dongs, equaling 85.7%; expenditure on development investment achieved 203.1 trillion dongs, only equaling 56.9% of the annual estimate (of which expenditure on capital construction reached 198.1trillion dongs, equaling 56.2%).The principal repayment from the beginning of the year to November 15, 2017 was estimated at 145.7 trillion dongs, equaling 88.9% of the yearly estimate.
6. Trade & service
Generally, in eleven months, total estimated retail sales of consumer goods and services reached 3,600.7 trillion dongs, up 10.7% over the same period in 2016, if the price factor was excluded, the growth rate would be 9.5% (the growth rate was 8.9% in the similar period in 2016).
In eleven months of 2017, export turnover of goods was estimated to reach US$ 193.8 billion, up 21.1% from the same period last year, of which the domestic economic sector achieved US$ 53.1 billion, up 16.8%; the FDI sector (including crude oil) gained US$ 140.7 billion, 22.8% rise. Import turnover was estimated to reach US$ 191.0 billion, up 21% from the same period in 2016, of which the domestic economic sector gained US$ 76.5 billion, up 17.9%; the FDI sector achieved US$ 114.5 billion, up 23.2%.
Generally, in eleven months of 2017, Vietnam had trade surplus of US$ 2.8 billion, of which the domestic economic sector had trade deficit of US$ 23.4 billion; the FDI sector had trade surplus of US$ 26.2 billion.
- International visitors to Vietnam was estimated to reach 11,645.8 thousand arrivals, up 27.8% from the same period in 2016./.
Ministry of Planning and Investment