Decision No. 1877/QD-BKHDT dated December 21st, 2017 by the Minister of Planning and Investment.
Article 1. Position and functions
The Department of Industrial Economy under the Ministry of Planning and Investment assists the Minister of Planning and Investment in performing the functions of State management over industrial planning and development investment.
1. To study and synthesize strategies and master plans on industrial development; to coordinate with related units within the Ministry to synthesize, develop national socio-economic development strategies and regional master plans.
2. To preside over the synthetization of 5-year and annual plans on industrial development. To directly take charge of industries (exploration, exploitation and processing of minerals; manufacture of beverages, tobacco, garments and textiles, leather and footwear, paper, chemicals and chemical products, manufacture of coke and refined petroleum products, medicines, pharmaceutical and medicinal chemistry, products of rubber and plastic and other non-metallic mineral, metal, products from prefabricated metal (except machinery and equipment), electronic products, computer and optical products, electrical equipment, industrial explosive materials, machinery, equipment not elsewhere classified, automobile, motorbike, shipbuilding, manufacture and distribution of electricity), sectors such as supporting industry, high technology industry; key mechanical engineering; recycled energy, mineral geology and other manufacturing industries.
3. To preside over the research and suggestion of industrial development mechanisms and policies; to work with related units within the Ministry to study and propose socio-economic development mechanisms and policies for 5-year and annual plans. To directly draft specific mechanisms, policies, and legal documents when assigned by the Ministry. To act as a focal point in the appraisal of mechanisms, policies, programs, schemes, projects, and draft legal documents of branches and fields under the Department’s management for ministries, branches to submit to the Prime Minister for approval or promulgate according to their competence
4. To examine and monitor the implementation of master plans, strategies, plans, targets, tasks for state-owned enterprises in the field of industry; report on the assessment of the implementation of monthly, quarterly and annual plans of branches and domains under the Department’s management.
5. To assume the prime responsibility for appraising the capital resources and the ability to balance the capital of public investment projects in the fields under the Department’s management; to work with related units in the Ministry to appraise investment policy for projects within powers of the Prime Minister for the Ministry to submit to the Prime Minister for approval or permission for investment; to coordinate in giving opinions on the new establishment, restructuring and reorganization of state-own enterprises in the fields under the Department’s management. To supervise, evaluate the industrial projects with investment policy decided by the Prime Minister or the National Assembly. To act as a focal point, coordinate with the Ministry of Industry and Trade in supervising, evaluating investment according to the Law on Investment Supervision and Evaluation.
6. To contribute opinions as requested by related agencies in the process of proposing projects and drafting ODA Loan Agreements. To assume the prime responsibility for managing, examining, monitoring ODA projects in industrial fields after signing of the agreement. To propose resolutions for dealing with obstacles while directing the implementation of projects.
7. To preside over the evaluation of master plans on development of industries and major industrial products of the national economy.
8. To research, forecast, collect and systemize economic information in support of the formulation of master plans and plans on development of industries, fields under the Department’s management; to coordinate with related units within the Ministry to process and provide information on industrial development.
9. To act as the key agency in synthesizing 5-year and annual plans of the Ministry of Industry and Trade and economic groups, corporations, within the branches and fields under the Department’s management.
10. To perform other duties assigned by the Minister of Planning and Investment.
Article 3.Organizational structure
The Department of Industrial Economy has a Director General and a number of Deputy Directors-General; The Department for Industrial Economy works in accordance with the one-head regime combined with the specialist regime; the Department’s personnel is determined by the Minister of Planning and Investment.
Article 4.Entry into force
This Decision takes effect on the date of its signing. The previously promulgated regulations which are contrary to this Decision are annulled.
Article 5.Implementation responsibilities
The Director-General of the Organization and Personnel Department, Chief of the Ministry Office, Director General of the Department of Industrial Economy and Heads of relevant units directly under the Ministry are responsible for implementing this Decision./.
Minister of Planning and Investment
Nguyen Chi Dung
(English for reference only)
Ministry of Planning and Investment