Decision No. 1856/QD-BKHDT dated December 21st, 2017 by the Minister of Planning and Investment.
Article 1. Position and functions
The Department of Infrastructure and Urban Centers, under the Ministry of Planning and Investment, assists the Minister to perform State management functions over planning and development investment in infrastructure and urban fields (including transportation infrastructure, information technology, communication and constructions, urban development).
Article 2. Responsibilities
1. To research and synthesize strategies, master plans for infrastructure and urban development; to coordinate with related units within the Ministry in synthesizing and formulating national socio-economic development strategies and regional master plans.
2. To preside over the synthesization of medium-term and annual public investment plans on infrastructure and urban development in the fields of: transportation, State management, water supply and drainage and wastewater treatment, information technology, communications within the scope of the Department’s management; to research and synthesize the construction sector and service sectors of: transportation, post and telecommunication, urban public utilities as assigned by the Ministry.
3. To act as the focal point in managing programs, projects, appraising the capital resources and the ability to balance the capital of projects using public investment capital in the fields under the Department’s management.
4. To assume the prime responsibility for researching, proposing mechanisms and policies on the development of industries and fields of infrastructure and urban centers; to coordinate with related units within the Ministry to research and propose mechanisms and policies on socio-economic development in 5-years and annual plans; to directly draft specific mechanisms, policies and legal documents as assigned by the Ministry; to act as a focal point in giving opinions on mechanisms, policies and draft legal documents of branches and fields under the Department’s management for the ministries, branches to submit to the Prime Minister or promulgate according to their competence.
5. To monitor, examine the implementation of master plans, plans, programs and projects (including ODA projects), to report on the assessment of the implementation of the monthly, quarterly and annual plans of ministries, economic groups, and branches, fields under the Department’s management. To propose solutions for enhancing the investment’s efficiency and handling obstacles in the process of plan implementation management.
6. To preside over or coordinate in appraising projects, schemes in the fields under the Department’s management, for the ministries, branches, localities to decide according to their competence, including: appraising investment projects (including both domestic and foreign capital), proposing projects and feasibility study reports of PPP projects and master plans of infrastructure and urban development; participating in appraisal of master plans of infrastructure and urban development. To supervise the investment of projects in the sectors and fields under the Department’s management.
7. To forecast, collect and systematize economic information in support of the formulation of master plans, plans on development of industries and fields under the Department’s management; to coordinate with related units within the Ministry in processing and providing information on urban and infrastructure fields.
8. To synthesize, monitor, adjust the medium-term and annual public investment plans of Ministry of Construction, Ministry of Information and Communications, Ministry of Transportation. To assume the prime responsibility for appraising strategies and plans on production and business, and 5-years development investment plans of the State’s economic groups in the fields under the Department’s management.
9. To perform other duties assigned by the Minister of Planning and Investment.
Article 3. Organizational structure
The Department of Infrastructure and Urban Centers has a Director General and a number of Deputy Directors General. The Department works in accordance with the one-head regime combined with the specialist regime; the Department’s personnel is determined by the Minister of Planning and Investment.
Article 4. Entry into force
This Decision takes effect on the date of its signing. The previously promulgated regulations which are contrary to this Decision are annulled.
Article 5. Implementation responsibilities
The Director General of the Organization and Personnel Department, the Chief of the Ministry Office, the Director General of the Department for Department of Infrastructure and Urban Centers, and Heads of relevant units, organizations under the Ministry shall be responsible for the implementation of this Decision./.
Minister of Planning and Investment
Nguyen Chi Dung
(English for reference only)
Ministry of Planning and Investment