Decision No. 1869/QĐ-BKHĐT dated December 21st, 2017, by the Minister of Planning and Investment.
Article 1. Position and functions
The Department of Investment Supervision & Appraisal is under the Ministry of Planning and Investment (MPI) and assists the Minister in performing the functions of State management over supervision and inspection of investment activities; appraisal, examination, and evaluation of investment projects.
Article 2. Responsibilities
1. To assume the prime responsibilities for researching and drafting legal documents in the fields of investment supervision, evaluation, appraisal; guiding professional skills in investment appraisal, supervision, and evaluation.
2. To act as a focal point in synthesizing the overall investment supervision across the whole country according to regulation. To preside over implementing the overall examination of investment of ministries, branches, localities according to the approved plans or unexpectedly under the direction of the competent authority.
3. To act as the Standing Unit of the State Appraisal Council, the Inter-branch Appraisal Council for the appraisal of investment programs and projects, with the Minister of Planning and Investment as the Chairman.
4. To preside over the appraisal of investment policies of projects in Group A using public investment capital according to Public Investment Law (in case the Prime Minister assigns the Minister of Planning and Investment to appraise); as assigned by the Minister, assume the prime responsibility for the appraisal of investment policies of projects under the Prime Minister’s competence to decided policies under the Investment Law.
5. To preside over the implementation of schemes, research subjects in the related fields. To preside over the research and application of professional skills in investment appraisal, supervision, and evaluation.
6. To perform other duties assigned by the Minister of Planning and Investment.
Article 3. Organizational structure
The Department of Investment Supervision & Appraisal has a Director General and the number of Deputy Directors General and works in accordance with the one-head regime combined with the specialist regime, the Department’s personnel is determined by the Minister of Planning and Investment.
Article 4.Entry into force
This Decision takes effect on the date of its signing. The previously promulgated regulations which are contrary to this Decision are annulled.
Article 5. Implementation responsibilities
The Director-General of the Organization and Personnel Department, the Chief of the Ministry Office, the Director General of the Department of Investment Supervision & Appraisal and Heads of relevant units directly under the Ministry are responsible for implementing this Decision./.
Minister of Planning and Investment
Nguyen Chi Dung
(English for reference only)
Ministry of Planning and Investment