Decision No. 1899/QD-BKHDT dated December 22th, 2017 by the Minister of Planning and Investment.
Article 1. Position and functions
The Department for Labour, Culture and Social Affairs is under the Ministry of Planning and Investment and assists the Minister in performing the functions of state management over planning and development investment in sectors, fields of labor, information, culture, sports, health, and social affairs.
Article 2. Responsibilities
1. To study, synthesize strategies, master plans for the development of sectors, fields of labor, employment, poverty reduction, social welfare, child and elderly care and protection, youth development and other social issues; people’s health protection and care and population; religions; culture, information, sports; to coordinate with related units within the Ministry in formulating national socio-economic development strategies, regional and territorial master plans.
2. To preside over the synthesization of 5-year and annual plans on labour, employment, poverty reduction, wages, social insurance, social welfare, policy for people with merit, child and elderly protection and care, gender equality, youth and family development, social services development and prevention and fighting of social evils; people’s health protection and care and population; religions, culture, arts, information, broadcasting, televisions, news, sports.
3. To synthesize medium-term and annual public investment plans; lists of projects using state budget capital and other public investment capital sources in the fields under the Department’s management; to coordinate with related units to formulate a list of prioritized programs, projects for attracting foreign investment capital, ODA, concessional loans; a list of national targeted programs, targeted programs, other projects as assigned.
4. To preside over the appraisal of capital sources and the ability to balance capital of public investment projects in the fields under the Department’s management; to participate in the appraisal of national targeted programs and other projects according to regulations; to monitor, manage targeted programs in the fields assigned to the Department.
5. To assume the prime responsibility for studying and proposing mechanisms, policies for the development of sectors and fields under the Department’s management; to coordinate with related units within the Ministry to study and propose mechanisms, policies for socio-economic development in five-year and annual plans. To directly draft specific mechanisms, policies, and legal documents when assigned by the Ministry. To participate in the formulation of mechanisms, policies and the drafting of legal documents of ministries in the fields under the Department’s management, for these ministries to promulgate according to their competence or submit to the competent agencies for promulgation.
6. To inspect, monitor the implementation of master plans, plans, programs, projects (including ODA projects), to report the evaluation of the implementation of monthly, quarterly and annual plans of sectors and fields under the Department’s management. To propose solutions for handling any arising matters during the implementation of plans.
7. To preside over or coordinate with ministries, branches, centrally-run cities, provinces in appraising schemes on establishment, arrangement, reorganization of state enterprises and non-business units; to preside over or coordinate with related units in appraising master plans for the development of sectors, fields under the Department’s management. To perform investment supervision of projects in the fields under the management of the Department.
8. To act as a focal point participating in the state management over services in sectors, fields under the Department’s management (except for casino & gambling services).
9. To study, forecast, collect and systematize socio-economic information for the formulation of master plans, plans for the development of sectors and fields under the Department’s management; to coordinate with related units within the Ministry in processing and providing information on fields assigned to the Department.
10. To act as a focal point in the synthesization of 5-year and annual plans of Ministry of Labour, War Invalids and Social Affairs, Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism, Ministry of Home Affairs, Ministry of Health; Voice of Vietnam, Vietnam Television, Vietnam News Agency, Vietnam Social Security, Vietnam General Confederation of Labor, Central Committee of the Vietnam Women's Union, Central Committee of the Ho Chi Minh Communist Youth Union and associations in the fields under the Department’s management.
11. To perform other duties assigned by the Minister of Planning and Investment.
Article 3. Organizational structure
The Department for Labour, Culture and Social Affairs has a Director General and a number of Deputy Directors General and works in accordance with the one-head regime combined with the specialist regime, the Department’s personnel is determined by the Minister of Planning and Investment.
Article 4.Entry into force
This Decision takes effect on the date of its signing. The previously promulgated regulations which are contrary to this Decision are annulled.
Article 5. Implementation responsibilities
The Director-General of the Organization and Personnel Department, the Chief of the Ministry Office, the Director General of the Department for Labour, Culture and Social Affairs and Heads of relevant units, organizations under the Ministry are responsible for implementing this Decision./.
Minister of Planning and Investment
Nguyen Chi Dung
(English for reference only)
Ministry of Planning and Investment