Decision No. 1898/QD-BKHDT dated December 22th, 2017 by the Minister of Planning and Investment.
Article 1. Position and functions
The Department for Emulation - Reward and Communication is under the Ministry of Planning and Investment and assists the Minister in performing functions of state management over fields of emulation, reward and communication in the Planning and Investment Sector.
1. To submit to the Minister regulation and guidance documents over the implementation of fields of emulation, reward and communication in the Planning and Investment Sector for promulgation.
2. To submit to the Minister programs, projects, plans for communication; programs, plans, contents for emulation and reward for each period and specialized field in line with the Ministry’s functions, duties, authorities and responsibilities in state management for approval.
3. To act as a standing member of the Ministry’s Council for Emulation - Reward, the Ministry’s Initiative Council, and the emulation movement of Planning, Investment and Statistic Sector to jointly build new rural areas.
4. To organize, guide the midterm and final reviews of emulation movements; to discover typical advanced models, examples of good people and good deeds for , wide multiplication. To direct, urge activities of emulation clusters in the Planning and Investment Sector; to assist the Minister in performing duties, authorities as a member of the Emulation Cluster of general line ministries and branches.
5. To appraise dossiers and submit them to the Ministry’s Emulation - Reward Council for consideration and conferment of emulation titles, commendation forms for collectives and individuals inside and outside the Sector; to synthesize dossiers and submit them to the Initiative Council for consideration and recognition of initiatives for individuals within the Ministry; to perform the tasks of confirming achievements, verifying reward achievement reports of collectives or individuals in the Sector.
6. To organize the formulation, management of the database system on emulation and reward of the Ministry; to apply scientific and technological advances in the management and archival of the Ministry’s reward dossiers.
7. To organize, coordinate to organize awarding emulation titles and commendations of various forms according to regulations.
8. To assume the prime responsibility for formulating estimate plans, proposing the management and use of the Ministry’s Emulation and Commendation Fund according to law regulations; to organize the printing, management of the allocation, recovery, and change of rewards in kind.
9. To advise the Minister in promulgating the Regulation on Internal Communication, plans on information and communication in the Ministry’s activity fields.
10. To organize, coordinate with units within the Ministry to provide communicational information to the public; synthesize and provide information to the Ministry’s speaker; synthesize information from the press, public opinion and other sources of information that related to the Sector's activities; coordinate with related units to advise measures for handling communication incidents.
11. To monitor communication activities of units within the Ministry; to preside over, or coordinate in organizing regular, unscheduled press conference; to synthesize, monitor organizing press conferences of units under the Ministry.
12. To perform international cooperation in communication; coordinate in managing and archiving images of the Ministry; to organize the publications of the Ministry's media publications as assigned.
13. To organize training, cultivating knowledge and professional skills on emulation, reward and communication in the Sector.
14. To manage the Department’s civil servants, assigned assets and implement regimes and policies on preference, reward and discipline according to regulations.
15. To organize evaluation, examination and participate, coordinate in examination; to settle complaints, denunciations, petitions and reports; to propose the handling of collectives and individuals committing acts violating the legislation on emulation, reward and communication.
16. To perform other duties as assigned by the Minister of Planning and Investment.
Article 3.Organizational structure
Department for Emulation - Reward and Communication has a Director General and a number of Deputy Director General and works in accordance with the one-head regime combined with the specialist regime, the Department’s personnel is determined by the Minister of Planning and Investment.
Article 4. Entry into force
This Decision takes effect on the date of its signing. The previously promulgated regulations which are contrary to this Decision are annulled.
Article 5. Implementation responsibilities
The Director General of the Department of Organization and Personnel, the Chief of the Ministry Office, the Director General of the Department for Emulation - Reward and Communication and Heads of units, organizations under the Ministry are responsible for implementing this Decision./.
Minister of Planning and Investment
Nguyen Chi Dung
(English for reference only)
Ministry of Planning and Investment