Decision No. 40/2018/QD-TTg dated September 10, 2018 by the Prime Minister.
Article 1. Position and functions
1. The Institute for Development Strategy is a non-business scientific organization under the Ministry of Planning and Investment, performing the function of researching national socio-economic development strategies, national and regional planning, national socio-economic development plans, national public investment plans; provide public non-business services in the fields of scientific research, training and implement consultancy activities on strategies, planning and plans in accordance with relevant regulations provided by law.
2. The Institute for Development Strategy has legal personality, its own seal and account and is headquartered in Hanoi city; its operation budget is granted by the State budget as prescribed by law.
Article 2. Tasks and powers
1. To study schemes and projects on the country's socio-economic development strategies, national and regional master plans, socio-economic development plans and public investment plans in each period.
2. To do theoretical and methodological research on building strategies, planning and plans.
3. To analyze, synthesize and assess the prospects of socio-economic development, science, technology, environment and international factors for strategic, planning and plan research.
4. To review schemes on strategies, planning and plans as assigned by competent authorities.
5. To provide public non-business services:
a) Undertaking scientific research programs on strategies, planning, plans and other scientific studies as prescribed by law;
b) Conduct consultancy activities on strategies, planning and plans;
c) Training PhDs in accordance with the law.
6. To implement international cooperation in researching socio-economic issues, strategies, planning and plans as assigned by the Minister of Planning and Investment.
7. To manage the organizational structure, officials, contracted employees and finance and properties assigned in accordance with law provisions and the decentralization of the Minister of Planning and Investment.
8. To have other duties and powers assigned by the Minister of Planning and Investment in accordance with the law.
Article 3. Organizational structure
1. Department of General Affairs;
2. Department of Strategy for Manufacturing Development;
3. Department of Strategy for Service Development;
4. Department of Strategy for Human Resource and Social Development;
5. Department of Regional Development Strategy;
6. Department of Infrastructure and Urban Development Strategy;
8. Center for Southern Economic Research
Article 4. Leadership
1. The Institute of Development Strategy has a Director and no more than 03 Deputy Directors.
2. The Director and Deputy Directors are appointed, dismissed and removed from office by the Minister of Planning and Investment in accordance with law.
3. The Director stipulates the functions, tasks, powers and organizational structure of the affiliated units; appoint, dismiss and remove heads and deputy heads of their affiliated units according to the provisions of law and the assignment of the Minister of Planning and Investment.
4. The Director is responsible to the Minister of Planning and Investment and the law for all activities of the Institute. Deputy Directors are responsible to the Director and the law for their assigned work sectors.
Article 5. Effectiveness and implementation responsibility
1. This Decision takes effect on November 1, 2018.
This Decision replaces Decision No. 110/2009/QD-TTg on August 26, 2009 issued by the Prime Minister defining the functions, tasks, powers and organizational structure of the Institute for Development Strategy under the Ministry of Planning and Investment.
2. Ministers, Heads of ministerial-level agencies, Heads of government-affiliated agencies, Chairmen of People's Committees of provinces and centrally run cities and the Director of the Institute for Development Strategy are responsible for implementing this Decision./.
Ministry of Planning and Investment