Decision No. 1878/QD-BKHDT dated December 21, 2017 by the Minister of Planning and Investment.
Article 1. Position and functions
The Ministry Inspectorate is a unit under the Ministry of Planning and Investment, an agency inspecting fields and sectors under the organizational system of Planning and Investment Inspectorate, assisting the Minister in performing the state management of inspection. settling complaints and denunciations, and preventing and fighting against corruption; conducts administrative inspections of agencies, organizations and individuals under the Ministry's management; carries out specialized inspection of agencies, organizations and individuals under the Ministry's state management; settling complaints, denunciations and preventing and fighting against corruption according to law provisions.
Article 2. Tasks
1. To inspect and examine the implementation of policies, laws and tasks and powers of agencies, departments and individuals under the direct management of the Ministry of Planning and Investment.
2. To inspect and examine the observance of specialized laws, professional and technical regulations, and planning management rules of agencies, organizations and individuals under the state management of the Ministry of Planning and Investment.
3. To formulate and submit inspection programs and plans to the Minister for approval and implementation; monitor and urge Ministry-affiliated units to make annual inspection plans, make and submit reports to the Minister for approval; assume the prime responsibility for dealing with overlaps in the inspection scope, subjects, contents and time within the Ministry's state management.
4. To monitor, urge and direct the units under the Ministry to settle complaints and denunciations within their competence and in accordance with the provisions of law on complaints and denunciations; to advise and settle complaints and denunciations falling under the Minister's competence.
5. To perform the task of preventing and fighting against corruption according to the provisions of the anti-corruption law; to act as the Ministry's Standing Department on corruption prevention and control.
6. To sanction administrative violations in the field of planning and investment according to the provisions of law.
7. To assume the prime responsibility or take part in drafting legal documents on inspection; complaints, denunciations and anti-corruption in the field of planning, development investment and statistics.
8. To propose competent state agencies to handle law violations in the field of planning, development investment and statistics; to recommend to competent state agencies to amend, supplement or promulgate regulations in line with management requirements; to make suggestions to suspend or revoke illegal provisions detected through inspection.
9. To guide the General Statistics Offices and the local Statistical Offices in performing the function of specialized inspection; to resolve the complaints and denunciations; to fight against corruption in the areas under the management of General Statistics Office and local Statistical Departments.
10. To provide professional training on specialized inspection; to guide the orientation of annual specialized inspection programs and plans to the General Statistics Office, the Statistics Departments and the Department of Planning and Investment Inspectorate; to guide and inspect the units affiliated to the Ministry in implementing the law provisions on inspection, settlement of complaints, denunciations and anti-corruption.
11. To summarize and learn from experience, and build up a specialized inspection service for planning and investment.
12. To collect officials from concerned agencies, units and organizations to join the Ministry's inspection teams.
13. To monitor, inspect and urge the implementation of conclusions, recommendations and decisions on inspection and solving complaints and denunciations.
14. To propose re-inspection of specialized inspection conclusions on planning and investment and statistics issued by the Chairmen of the provincial People's Committees and the General Director of the General Statistics Office, which have signs of law violations; to re-inspect cases when assigned by the Minister.
15. To summarize and report the results of the inspection, examination and settlement of complaints, denunciations and preventing and combating corruption within the Ministry's State management.
16. To implement the regime of management of officials and properties according to the decentralization; to perform other duties as assigned by the Minister.
Article 3. Organizational structure
The Ministry Inspectorate has its own account and seal; The Ministry Inspectorate’s leaders include: Chief Inspector and a number of Deputy Chief Inspectors.
The Ministry Inspectorate has the following functional departments:
1. Department of General Affairs;
2. Inspection Department No. 1;
3. Inspection Department No. 2;
4. Inspection Department No. 3;
5. Inspection Department No. 4.
The Ministry Chief Inspector specifies the tasks and staff for each department of the Ministry Inspectorate within the scope of the functions, tasks and staff assigned by the Minister.
Article 4. Effect
This Decision takes effect from the date of signing. The previous regulations contrary to this Decision are now annulled.
Article 5. Implementation responsibilities
The Director of Department of Organization and Personnel, Chief of the Ministry Office, Chief Inspector of the Ministry Inspectorate and Heads of units and organizations under the Ministry are responsible for the implementation of this Decision./.
Ministry of Planning and Investment