Decision No. 1883/QD-BKHDT dated December 22, 2017 by the Minister of Planning and Investment.
Article 1. Position and functions
1. The Center for Economic and Planning Staff Training is a public non-business unit under the Ministry of Planning and Investment; belongs to the system of schools, centers of training and retraining civil servants nationwide.
2. The Center performs the following functions: training, fostering political theory and knowledge suitable to title criteria of civil servant ranks, leadership skills, management and professional skills in the field of planning and investment and other contents of training and retraining for civil servants working in the area of planning and investment from central to local levels under planning and plans approved by the Ministry leaders; and provide services to organizations and individuals as required;
3. The Center for Economic - Planning Staff Training has the legal status, its own seal and second-level account, and located in Hanoi, which is allowed to open accounts at the State Treasury and bank for its transactions.
Article 2. Tasks and powers
1. To coordinate with the Department of Organization and Personnel in formulating five-year and annual plans on training and retraining civil servants of the Ministry and the Planning and Investment sector.
2. To assume the prime responsibility for, or coordinate with relevant units in elaborating programs, contents, textbooks, materials for training and fostering professional skills in planning and investment, and submit them to competent authorities for approval in accordance with the regulations on decentralized management of training and retraining civil servants; to organize training and retraining classes on contents relevant to the functions and tasks of the Center, to serve the social needs via appropriate forms prescribed by the Ministry and law.
3. To organize training and fostering political theory and knowledge suitable to title criteria of civil servant ranks, leadership skills, management and professional skills in the field of planning and investment, foreign languages, informatics, international integration and other contents in order to standardize and improve the capacity of the officials of the Ministry and the planning and investment sector according to the plans approved by the Ministry's leaders.
4. To associate with training institutions to organize training and fostering the Ministry’s officials in the field of planning and investment, economic management, foreign languages, informatics and other contents in appropriate ways.
5. To grant and manage the grant of diplomas and certificates to students who complete training and fostering courses organized by the Center according to legal provisions.
6. To organize scientific research activities in the field of training and fostering officials according to annual scientific research plans assigned by the Ministry of Planning and Investment.
7. To organize the training and fostering evaluation, to provide consultancy and training services on contents relevant to the Center’s functions and tasks.
8. To coordinate with other units under the Ministry to implement the training, improving the capacity of the Ministry's officials and the planning and investment sector in the programs and projects funded by domestic and international financial sources, where the Center is assigned by the Ministry to preside over the implementation.
9. To coordinate with the Department of Organization and Personnel in organizing the fostering courses of knowledge and skills in service of annual rank-up examinations for the Ministry’s officials.
10. To exercise the autonomy of a public non-business unit according to the provisions of law and the management decentralization of the Ministry.
11. To manage officials and employees under contracts; to ensure the legitimate rights and interests of the Center’s officials and employees in accordance with law.
12. To manage finance, assets, training expenditure assigned by the State according to the provisions of law.
13. To implement the reporting, statistical and information regime as regulated.
14. To perform other duties as assigned by the Minister.
Article 3. Organizational structure
1. Division of Training - Fostering Management;
2. Division of Administration.
The Center’s staff is decided by the Minister.
Article 4. Leaders of the Center
1. The Center has a Director and a number of Deputy Directors.
2. The Director and Deputy Directors are appointed, dismissed and removed from office by the Minister in accordance with law.
3. The Center’s Director stipulates the functions and tasks of the units affiliated to the Center; formulates working and internal spending regulation of the Center in accordance with current laws.
4. The Center’s Director is responsible to the Minister and the law for all activities of the Center.
5. The Center’s Deputy Directors are responsible to the Director and the law for the assigned areas.
Article 5. Effect
This Decision takes effect from the date of signing. The previous regulations contrary to this Decision are now annulled.
Article 6. Implementation responsibilities
The Director General of Department of Personnel and Organization, Chief of the Ministry Office, Director of the Center for Economic - Planning Staff Training and Heads of units and organizations under the Ministry are responsible for implementing this Decision./.
Ministry of Planning and Investment