Decision No. 1881/QD-BKHDT dated December 22, 2017 by the Minister of Planning and Investment.
Article 1. Position and functions
The Enterprise Development Agency is a unit under the Ministry of Planning and Investment, assisting the Minister in performing the state management function of supporting the development of small and medium-sized enterprises; innovation and development of state-owned enterprises.
Enterprise Development Agency has legal status, its own seal and level-2 account; The operating budget is allocated from the state budget and is aggregated in the annual estimate of the Ministry of Planning and Investment.
Article 2. Tasks
1. To assume the prime responsibility for or take part in drafting legal documents on arrangement, renewal, organization of state-owned enterprises; to provide support for the development of small and medium-sized enterprises and mechanisms, policies and measures to ensure favorable business and investment environment and submit them to the competent authorities for promulgation.
2. Regarding the development of small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs):
a) To assume the prime responsibility for elaborating documents, policies and laws on supporting SMEs and submit them to competent authorities for promulgation; To guide ministries, line ministries and localities to implement the Law on Support for SMEs.
b) To coordinate, identify the objectives, targets, and focus of support to develop and implement plans, programs and projects supporting SME nationwide; To collaborate with relevant ministries and agencies to consolidate the state budget to implement SME supporting programs, projects and activities.
c) To organize periodical monitoring activities, impact assessment and synthesis reports on SME support nationwide.
3. Regarding the arrangement, renewal and development of state-owned enterprises:
a) To preside over or take part in drafting legislative documents on arrangement, renovation and organization of state-owned enterprises.
b) To assume the prime responsibility and coordinate with the relevant agencies in elaborating plans on reorganization and renewal and development of state-owned enterprises; to guide the order and procedures for arranging, renewing and developing state-owned enterprises; to publish information on the operation of state-owned enterprises.
c) To assume the prime responsibility for, and coordinate with concerned agencies in appraising and commenting schemes on establishment, arrangement and reorganization of state-owned enterprises; to make reports on the situation of reorganization, renewal and development of state-owned enterprises as assigned.
d) To coordinate with relevant units in the Ministry to provide comments on the strategies and plans of production and business of state-owned enterprises.
4. To assume the prime responsibility for, or coordinate with other agencies in guiding the implementation and providing comments on enterprises' problems.
5. To carry out the duties of Vietnam's SME representative agency in multilateral and bilateral cooperation forums (at equivalent work level); to implement international cooperation in fields under the Agency’s functions and duties.
6. To guide, train, foster professional skills for officials under the Department's payroll.
7. To manage the assigned organization, payroll and assets in accordance with the provisions of law and the decentralization of the Ministry.
8. To perform other duties as assigned by the Minister.
Article 3. Organizational structure
The administrative units include:
1. Department of General Affairs and Policy;
2. Department of Information and International Cooperation;
3. Department of SME Support Activity Arrangement;
4. Department of State-owned Enterprise Innovation;
5. Agency’s Office.
Non-business units include:
6. Center for SME Assistance in the North;
7. Center for SME Assistance in the Central Region;
8. Center for SME Assistance in the South.
The payroll of officials and contracted employees gets salary from the State budget allocated to the Agency as decided by the Minister.
Article 4. Leaders of the Enterprise Development Agency
1. The Agency has a Director General and a number of Deputy Directors General.
2. The Director General and Deputy Directors General are appointed, dismissed and removed from office by the Minister in accordance with law.
3. The Director General of the Agency stipulates the functions and tasks of the units affiliated to the Agency; formulates working and internal spending regulations of the Agency in accordance with current laws; builds the functions, tasks and organizational structure of the Center for SME Assistance in the North; the Center for SME Assistance in the Central Region; and the Center for SME Assistance in the South and submit them to the Minister for review and decision.
4. The Director General of the Enterprise Development Department is responsible to the Minister for organizing and managing all activities of the Agency.
5. The Deputy Director General is responsible to the Director and to the law for the assigned working areas.
Article 5. Effect
This Decision takes effect from the date of signing. The previous regulations contrary to this Decision are now annulled.
Article 6. Implementation responsibilities
The Director General of Department of Personnel and Organization, Chief of the Ministry Office, Director General of Enterprise Development Agency and Heads of units and organizations under the Ministry are responsible for implementing this Decision./.
Ministry of Planning and Investment