Decision No. 1879/QD-BKHDT dated December 22, 2017 by the Ministry of Planning and Investment
Article 1. Position and functions
The Cooperative Development Agency is a unit under the Ministry of Planning and Investment, assisting the Minister in performing the state management of collective and cooperative economic development.
Agency of Cooperatives Development has legal status, its own seal and level-2 account; the operating budget is allocated from the state budget and aggregated in the annual estimate of the Ministry of Planning and Investment.
Article 2. Tasks
1. To assume the prime responsibility for assisting the Minister in elaboration and submission of periodical strategies, planning, plans, programs and schemes on collective and cooperative economic development to the Prime Minister for approval; To act as a focal point to make annual and 5-year general reports on the situation of collective and cooperative economic development.
2. To assume the prime responsibility for or take part in drafting legal documents on collective and cooperative economy, mechanisms, policies and solutions to develop collective and cooperative economy for submission to the Government and the Prime Minister.
3. To take charge of guiding the implementation, inspection, urging and overall evaluation of the implementation of approved strategies, planning, plans, programs, schemes and mechanisms for collective economic development policies under the management of the Ministry of Planning and Investment.
To assume the prime responsibility in synthesizing, drawing up plans and allocating funds from state budget to support collective economic development in ministries, line ministries and provincial/centrally-controlled municipal People's Committees and Union of Vietnamese cooperatives and socio-political associations, societies and associations.
To monitor and prepare general reports on the implementation of policies to support collective economic development in ministries, branches and localities and propose necessary solutions for submission to the Prime Minister.
4. To stipulate the regime of reporting, inspecting, monitoring and synthesizing the situation of organizing and operating the collective and cooperative economy.
To assume the prime responsibility for, and coordinate with relevant units in solving problems; to guide the handling of violations in the organization and operation of the Ministry's authority over collective and cooperative economy.
5. To promote international cooperation on collective and cooperative economic development. To take charge or participate in developing, guiding, implementing, inspecting, monitoring, evaluating and reviewing the operation of programs and projects supported by countries and international organizations for the development of the collective and cooperative economy.
6. To carry out the propagation, training and fostering in theory, law, practice and experience of domestic and international collective and cooperative economic development; to conduct research in building models, piloting, implementing, summing up and disseminating distinguished typical replication in collective and cooperative economy; to counsel and support collective economic and cooperative development.
7. To assume the prime responsibility for, or coordinate with concerned units in building, exploiting and using national information portals and databases on collective and cooperative economy; to provide information for research and development of laws, strategies, plans, programs, mechanisms and policies to support collective and cooperative economic development; to coordinate with relevant units in processing and providing information in the assigned sectors; to publish information publications on collective and cooperative economy nationwide.
8. To assume the prime responsibility for, and coordinate with relevant units under the Ministry and relevant agencies in guiding, disseminating, monitoring, inspecting and urging the observance of the law on collective and cooperative economy; to propose settlement of problems arising in the process of elaborating and implementing legal provisions on collective and cooperative economy.
9. To assume the prime responsibility and coordinate with the ministries, line ministries and localities and mass organizations in studying and summing up the implementation of policies of the Party and the State on collective and cooperative economy nationwide.
10. To manage the assigned organization, payroll and properties according to the provisions of law and the decentralization of the Ministry.
11. To perform other duties as assigned by the Minister.
Article 3. Organizational structure
Units under the Cooperative Development Agency include:
1. Division of General Affairs;
2. Division of Policy and International Cooperation;
3. Division of Cooperative Management.
4. Agency’s Office;
The payroll of officials and employees gets salaries from the state budget allocated to the Agency as decided by the Minister.
Article 4. Leaders of the Cooperative Development Agency
1. The Agency has a Director General and a number of Deputy Directors General.
2. The Director General and Deputy Directors General are appointed, dismissed and removed from office by the Minister in accordance with law.
3. The Director General of the Agency stipulates the functions and tasks of the units affiliated to the Agency; formulates working and internal spending regulations of the Agency in accordance with current laws.
4. The Director General of the Cooperative Development Agency is responsible to the Minister for organizing and managing all activities of the Agency.
5. The Deputy Directors General are responsible to the Director General and the law for the assigned working sectors.
Article 5. Effect
This Decision takes effect from the date of signing. The previous regulations contrary to this Decision are now annulled.
Article 6. Implementation responsibilities
The Director General of Personnel Department, Chief of the Ministry Office, Director General of Cooperative Development Agency and Heads of units and organizations under the Ministry are responsible for implementing this Decision./.
Ministry of Planning and Investment