Decision No. 1099/QD-BKHDT dated July 18, 2018 by the Ministry of Planning and Investment
Article 1. Position and functions
The Academy of Policy and Development is a public tertiary education institution within the national education system, a non-business unit of the Ministry of Planning and Investment, which has the function of training at the undergraduate, master and PhD levels in public policy, economics, management and other related fields in accordance with the Academy's objectives and development directions; is responsible for organizing and directing training and fostering activities, scientific research, consultancy, policy review and international cooperation according to current regulations.
The Academy of Policy and Development is a public non-business unit, having legal status, its own seal and account, and operating autonomously in accordance with the law and management decentralization of the Ministry of Planning and Investment. The Academy is under the direct guidance and management of the Ministry of Planning and Investment; subject to the state management of education by the Ministry of Education and Training.
Article 2. Tasks and powers
1. To elaborate and submit to the Minister of Planning and Investment the Academy's long-term, medium-term and annual work plans; to provide advice on the development of strategies, policies, planning and development plans of the planning and investment sector.
2. To build and submit to the Minister of Planning and Investment and organize the implementation of planning and plans on organizational structure, establishment, merger, division, splitting and dissolution of scientific organizations and Academy-affiliated units; payroll, job placement; recruitment, management, usage, training and fostering activities to apply to officials and contracted employees in accordance with law and the decentralization of the Ministry of Planning and Investment.
3. To assume the prime responsibility for or take part in elaborating schemes and documents related to the performance of functions and tasks of the Ministry and the Academy and submit them to the Minister of Planning and Investment or competent agencies for promulgation according to their authority.
4. To formulate programs, textbooks, teaching and learning plans for occupations under the Academy’s training scope; to develop enrollment criteria, organize enrollment and training, recognize graduation and grant diplomas according to the regulations of the Ministry of Education and Training.
5. To draft projects to open new training branches, adjust the training scale and report them to the Minister of Planning and Investment before submitting it to the Ministry of Education and Training for approval.
6. To carry out training and joint training activities, scientific research, international cooperation according to the development strategies and plans of the Academy, and ensure training quality; to select organizations of education quality accreditation to register for accreditation.
7. To organize teaching and training according to the objectives of the training programs and other training activities; to confirm and issue diplomas and certificates according to the provisions of law; to develop training programs for specific objectives; to ensure the linkage between programs and training levels, aiming to meet international standards.
8. To carry out training tasks according to social needs and other training and fostering tasks suitable to their assigned functions and duties.
9. To organize the enrollment and management of learners; ensure the legitimate rights and interests of lecturers, officials, employees, managers and learners.
10. To undertake consulting activities in accordance with the law, the Academy’s functions, tasks, and capacity, and the social needs.
11. To self-assess the quality of training and be subject to education quality accreditation by competent agencies.
12. To mobilize, manage and use resources to fulfill educational objectives and assigned tasks according to law provisions and decentralization of the Ministry of Planning and Investment.
13. To implement the regime of information and reporting and submit it to the inspection and examination by the Ministry of Education and Training, the Ministry of Planning and Investment and the People's Committee of Hanoi city according to regulations.
14. To perform other duties as assigned by the Minister.
Article 3. Organizational structure
1. Academy Council;
2. Board of Directors of the Academy (Director and Deputy Directors);
3. Science and Training Council;
4. Advisory Council;
5. Functional Departments and Centers;
6. Faculties and Institutes of the Academy;
7. Departments of the Faculties and Institutes;
8. Scientific and Service Organizations;
9. The Academy has Sub-Institutes in the Northern, the Central and the Southern regions suitable to each stage of the Academy’s development and when these establishments meet the necessary conditions to set up according to the provisions of law.
Article 4.- Academy Council
The Academy Council is the governing body, representing the ownership of the Academy, resolving major undertakings to implement the Academy's autonomy and self-responsibility in accordance with the Law on Higher Education, University Charters and other laws. The Academy Council has the duties and powers prescribed in Article 16 of the Law on Higher Education and Article 9 of the Prime Minister's Decision No. 70/2014/QD-TTg promulgating the university charter and other legal regulations.
The Director of the Academy Council shall perform the tasks and exercise the powers prescribed by law and shall be appointed, dismissed or removed from office by the Minister of Planning and Investment in accordance with law.
Article 5. Board of Directors
1. The Academy of Policy and Development has a Director and no more than 03 Deputy Directors. Directors and Deputy Directors are appointed, dismissed and removed from office by the Minister of Planning and Investment in accordance with law.
2. The Academy Director promulgates the Regulation on the Academy’s organization and operation according to the resolution of the Academy Council; defining the functions and tasks of the Academy-affiliated units, building up the working and internal spending regulations of the Academy in accordance with the current law. The Director of the Academy is the legal representative of the Academy, who runs the organization and apparatus of the Academy. The Director of the Academy is responsible to the Minister of Planning and Investment and the law for all activities of the Academy.
3. The Deputy Directors of the Academy are responsible to the Director and the law for their assigned areas.
Article 6. Functional Departments and Centers
1. Department of Organization & Administration;
2. Department of Training Management;
3. Department of Science Management and Cooperation;
4. Department of Financial Planning;
5. Department of Political and Student Affairs;
6. Testing and Quality Assurance Center;
7. Center for Training, Consulting and Policy Review;
8. Center of Service and Training Assistance;
9. Information Center and Library.
The Center for Training, Consulting and Policy Review is a non-business unit attached to the Academy, with its own stamp and account.
Article 7. Faculties and Institutes of the Academy
1. Faculty of Public Policy;
2. Faculty of Economics;
3. Faculty of Finance - Investment;
4. Faculty of Business Administration;
5. Faculty of International Economics;
6. Faculty of Basic Subjects;
7. Faculty of Postgraduate;
8. Institute for International Training
The Institute for International Training is a non-business unit attached to the Academy, with its own stamp and account.
Article 8. This Decision takes effect from the date of signing. The previous regulations contrary to this Decision are now annulled.
Article 9. The Director General of the Organization and Personnel Department, Chief of the Ministry Office, the Director of the Academy of Policy and Development and the Heads of the units and organizations under the Ministry are responsible for implementing this Decision./.
Ministry of Planning and Investment